Do ND filters add stress to the gimbal?

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any issues yet with the neewer ND variable, its a little heavier than the stock UV filter. I don't have it on all the time though. Only when needed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Apparently, mileage varies depending on the actual filter kit weight and probably even the gimbal motor tolerances.

I have the same set but with a different brand; XIT. Though, they virtually look identical to the link you posted. Same contents in the package, down to the same stock photo.

Anyway, I was having problems when I use the CPL filter (heaviest filter of the bunch). I had to add some ballast/counterweight behind the camera to balance it. It actually worked well.

The counterweight doesn't seem to affect the gimbal even if I unscrew the CPL.

Apparently, mileage varies depending on the actual filter kit weight and probably even the gimbal motor tolerances.

I have the same set but with a different brand; XIT. Though, they virtually look identical to the link you posted. Same contents in the package, down to the same stock photo.

Anyway, I was having problems when I use the CPL filter (heaviest filter of the bunch). I had to add some ballast/counterweight behind the camera to balance it. It actually worked well.

The counterweight doesn't seem to affect the gimbal even if I unscrew the CPL.
My polarizing filter seems heavy. The cam will fall to straight down and back to original setting.
You got pics of how and what you used to counterweight the filter?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My polarizing filter seems heavy. The cam will fall to straight down and back to original setting.
You got pics of how and what you used to counterweight the filter?

10-gram lead tire weights. I sprayed them black with Plasti Dip.

MCp3i4y.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj