Do Motor Mount Reinforcments Work?

959c2a81a87cdf45808a78d11594af68.jpg

I have this same exact crack. I super glued it and now I just watch it but nothing has come from it. I asked around when it happened and most say they have worse.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Makes me think, its just a matter of time before i find more cracks. I'm still deciding if i want to send it back to DJI for repairs, or just superglue it..
Did you have prop-guards installed on yours at any point? I had propguards on mine, and im not sure if they had something to do with it. ive read somewhere that propguards put extra pressure on the arms, and potentially contribute to shell cracking..

Makes me think, its just a matter of time before i find more cracks. I'm still deciding if i want to send it back to DJI for repairs, or just superglue it..
Did you have prop-guards installed on yours at any point? I had propguards on mine, and im not sure if they had something to do with it. ive read somewhere that propguards put extra pressure on the arms, and potentially contribute to shell cracking..

That would make sense.

Sending back for a new shell would be good if you don't mind not having it for a few weeks minimum. But imo even a new shell will get cracks and need repairs. I'm just going to glue mine with the superglue/baking soda method

Since my last body failed really bad I applied super glue over the screw holes before any screws were put in place. Then I bought removable prop guards and attached those plus I was extra careful not to tighten the screws too much

I have the newer version shell, bought it in Feb, have 90 flights on her. Up until a week ago I had the snap on prop guard brackets on her. I only used the guards for 10 or so flights, but I left the bracket on for extra support even though I am not using the actual guard any longer. Well, I decided last week I would take the brackets off (I like the more streamlined look without the bracket). Long story short, after 5 flights without the brackets I just noticed a stress crack on the lower shell next to a motor bolt. And yes, I was very careful regarding how much I tightened the screws when I reinstalled them. My point is, I think any reinforcement whether it be from a motor mount reinforcement or from the snap on prop guards will prevent these cracks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tsm895
I have the newer version shell, bought it in Feb, have 90 flights on her. Up until a week ago I had the snap on prop guard brackets on her. I only used the guards for 10 or so flights, but I left the bracket on for extra support even though I am not using the actual guard any longer. Well, I decided last week I would take the brackets off (I like the more streamlined look without the bracket). Long story short, after 5 flights without the brackets I just noticed a stress crack on the lower shell next to a motor bolt. And yes, I was very careful regarding how much I tightened the screws when I reinstalled them. My point is, I think any reinforcement whether it be from a motor mount reinforcement or from the snap on prop guards will prevent these cracks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I totally agree. I use the removable guards because they have saved my drone from damage that would of messed up an arm or two. Dont really care if I get 1 min less flight time vs buying another shell due to a crash (es) or cracks around screw holes. Personally I think everyone should use guards or reinforcement plates...cracks lead to a bigger problem so why not protect your shell for as long as you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic