Do memory card slow down after multiple use

Reaction score
I'm getting a "slow reading" error. I've only had the drone for about a month and I've used this card with no issues. Last two flights I've gotten this error.
I'm on the road right now so I can't post up all the numbers on the card but just curious if anyone else has had this Issue?

I would think a card would or would not work, not, work for a while then stop working !!

Which card are you using?

If it's less than Class 10, you'll have trouble. Also if it's an unbranded card that says it's a Class 10, sometimes they most certainly are not. There is freeware you can use to test the read/write speeds.

Which card are you using?
Im not sure on the brand. I'll be home later today and I'll add specs.

Just seemed odd for a card to work then stop working. Electronics are usually, pass fail.

20170409_184957.jpg
I just soooooooo tech savy !!!!!!! J/K

It was tough to find the write speed for this memory card. I found a review on the Best Buy website that said it writes at an average of 14 MB/s. Per the P4P specs, DJI recommends a memory card that can write at least at 15 MB/s consistently.

You can find a list of memory cards that are known to work well here.

It was tough to find the write speed for this memory card. I found a review on the Best Buy website that said it writes at an average of 14 MB/s. Per the P4P specs, DJI recommends a memory card that can write at least at 15 MB/s consistently.

You can find a list of memory cards that are known to work well here.

So, the card is borderline at best! Looks like I need to do some shopping.

That's the card(s) I bought on Amazon because they were only $21 a piece. I soon found out why they were so cheap. I was getting the "slow writing" message as soon as I started recording. Sent them back and got these and have had no issues.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

And I had already had these and they work great too...
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB Class 10 UHS-I 95 MBps Read U3 V30 MicroSD Memory Card SDSQXXG-064G: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for all the replies!! I'm glad to here it's not the Phantom !

That's the card(s) I bought on Amazon because they were only $21 a piece. I soon found out why they were so cheap. I was getting the "slow writing" message as soon as I started recording. Sent them back and got these and have had no issues.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

And I had already had these and they work great too...
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB Class 10 UHS-I 95 MBps Read U3 V30 MicroSD Memory Card SDSQXXG-064G: Computers & Accessories

Same here it seemed I needed the extreme plus version, the extreme didn't quite cut it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic