Do I take the plunge?

Having had both the Advanced and Pro (after DJI sent me a Pro as a replacement!!) I can tell you that there is absolutely NO difference between the 2 other than the 4K option which is essentially useless for most people.
The P3P also has a more powerful battery charger and a higher max video bitrate.

The max video bitrate makes absolutely ZERO difference. I have had both the Pro and Advanced and I can tell you that for a fact. And you can buy a Pro charger for 40 dollars.

Having had both the Advanced and Pro (after DJI sent me a Pro as a replacement!!) I can tell you that there is absolutely NO difference between the 2 other than the 4K option which is essentially useless for most people. The clarity of the live feed is indistinguishable on my iPad Mini 4. Just buy a 100W charger. The extra processing power and chip is specifically for the 4K option which is not essential in the least.
Just because you have had both does not mean you know what you are talking about. There are substantial differences between the Advanced and Pro besides this camera which have been explored on these forums. To say that 4k is useless for most people is also a misstatement as I'm sure you have not met most people and you cannot speak for them.

********. A different charger and 4K (which most TVs don't display) is not a substantial difference. And the bitrate does not affect the video feed. You can ask anyone who has tried both.
DJI will even tell you that 4K is the only real difference.

Just because you have had both does not mean you know what you are talking about. There are substantial differences between the Advanced and Pro besides this camera which have been explored on these forums. To say that 4k is useless for most people is also a misstatement as I'm sure you have not met most people and you cannot speak for them.

The max video bitrate makes absolutely ZERO difference. I have had both the Pro and Advanced and I can tell you that for a fact. And you can buy a Pro charger for 40 dollars.

Does anyone have a link to the $40 100W charger?
I thought I saw it for that price a while ago, but a current google search only shows it @ $60. :(
Maybe there's a 33% of coupon code for a given shop???

Last edited:
********. A different charger and 4K (which most TVs don't display) is not a substantial difference. And the bitrate does not affect the video feed. You can ask anyone who has tried both.
DJI will even tell you that 4K is the only real difference.
You are forgetting the max Mbit/s of the HDMI out being abysmal on the P3A for FPV compared to P3P.
Was that enough acronyms?
Not sure it's a dealbreaker for him, but it's definitely a difference if FPV in in his future.

SD

Actually I have seen both in FPV. The Advanced wasn't bad at all. There are some people in these forums who say the same.

Actually I have seen both in FPV. The Advanced wasn't bad at all. There are some people in these forums who say the same.
Fair enough, noted. Not many I imagine will ever do FPV with their Phantom anyway. Not sure Bran is going there? As you, I would recommend the Advance at $799 right now. 4K is not mainstream enough right now anyway. An expensive TV, and powerful computer system to edit . It's hard to beat the value of the sub $800 Advanced right now.

Bran, as far as a tablet or phone, your best experience will be thru a tablet. Consensus says the Apple products work best. You have nothing to lose by trying your 6+ first, then deciding if you like bigger. For me the sweet spot for size/weight was a Mini 4.

Hope this helps.

SD

My thoughts from the opposite end - You can fly FPV with a 320 or even a lowly 240 video feed. It just to let you see where you're going & not hit anything. The true footage will come off the memory card after the flight. So for me, I wouldn't be too concerned about some artifacts while using goggles. I can still see perfectly fine to fly the Phantom with precision & the high-rez flight video is there when I get back.

Hmm, we were typing at the same time. To me as with many of us P3A owners - with the bitrate and lightbridge difference - had we known a difference existed when we bought our Advanced units - it would have pushed us that extra touch so there would have been a bunch more P3P owners, including myself. That thread link above says it all. FPV is how I got started with a P2 when I first was ready to buy a few years ago. I had the glasses on and Jim Bowers of SWARM was flying his P2 for us. This was the first time that I had seen one in person after doing a ton of research back then and it also was what convinced me to wait a couple years until RTH was brought in... but that's another story... So many of us P3A owners would have been P3P owners if DJI had told us the whole story without us owners having to find it and disclose it ourselves. FPV goggles can be used by friends and family next to us and that's what really puts the smiles on their faces. But back then just a few months ago, people were pushing that the only difference was the 1080p/60fps on the Advanced over the 4K/30? or is it 24fps on the Pro's camera. But had we known that the bitrate was throttled to a 2mbps max on the Advanced but hadn't yet been disclosed by DJI, we, as in many of us here on this forum would have bought the Pro because that makes the $300.00 difference totally recognizable and really worth the extra few hundred for the performance over the Advanced.

SAR Drones | UAV Search And Rescue Drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav