do I really have to update?

Reaction score
My P3P is still on 1.8.80+ and controller is on 1.8.0 app is updated to 3.5.1

I'm a firm believer what's not broke leave it alone!

The real reason I'm asking because I've read that it can auto update on you in flight? or is this someone blaming DJI for a crash. as far as I know you need the update on the SD card to do the update in the first place correct?

with all this said do I really need to update to 1.10.0090?

I'm not going to go into story's I've read on here or YouTube video's of blaming DJI update caused the their own mistakes.

just too many factors goes into it. like did they do a compass calibration , did they let it start up all the way to set home point! did the craft need a IMU calibration, is it a bad battery. <~~ cause I've had this one happened to me on a phantom 2 with bad battery and auto land kicked in and saved my butt!! lol or was it a simple issue with the prop not being tight.

Last edited:
The real reason I'm asking because I've read that it can auto update on you in flight?
The firmware does not auto update itself. Updates are optional.

as far as I know you need the update on the SD card to do the update in the first place correct?
That's correct.

I'm a firm believer what's not broke leave it alone!

Updates "usually" are put out because something _is_ "broken". What it corrects may or may not apply to you.

With that said, updates can also break things. This has been known to happen in some situations. Best rule of thumb is to wait a little while and read here to see if people are having issues with a new update.

Reactions: garbear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers