Do I NEED to upgrade firmware ?

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have been flying my p2 h3-3d for a week or so, and have had absolutely no problems. ( love it)

Have been reading about upgrading firmware, but I only have a MacBook Pro - no PC in the house, and after reading horror stories of problems after upgrading, I'm wondering if I need or want to do it?

Can it even be done on a mac yet? Why mess with it if it's working correctly ?

Please advise

Thanks

SK

Assuming you mean the main phantom firmware...

Very mixed opinions on this board.
Some say, if it works OK, don't change it, the newer firmware is more restrictive.
Others, including myself have upgraded and have no problems at all.

If your phantom is fairly new, it's likely to have shipped with fairly up to date firmware anyway.

I would recommend updating of you can. DJI release new versions for a reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I am also new to the Phantom world(about 4 weeks) and for a few years now also using MAC's.

Last weekend I downloaded Phantom Assit V3 (MAC version) and configured my S1 and S2 switches as I didn't realise they didn't work out of the box.

No problems, no issues and I like the fact now of having Home Lock and the Failsafe switches enabled.

Plus the displays on the MAC are fantastic when playing back the video, also I do like Final Cut Pro and IMovie.

Cheers

My train of thought goes like this... if it ain't broke, don't F@#! with it. Unless you're having a specific problem with your Phantom and the problem is directly addressed in a new firmware update I would leave it alone.

I ordered all the parts to build a new hex a while back. The Naza, Zenmuse H3-2D, and iOSD mini I ordered can all be updated if necessary, yet I updated none of them. I'm still using the same version of the firmware they were released with when I purchased them. They are all working just fine so I see no reason to risk disaster by changing something which isn't broke.

Just my 2¢, YMMV

U.M.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl