Do I need to Re-calibrate or make adjustments (adding GPS)

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and I have been flying the Phantom 2 vision plus for a little over 9 months. I recently purchased a Drone Mods UAV Locator due to an unexplained flyaway that left me pretty shaken up until I received a call from the finder of my quad. I am not sure if I mount this on my Phantom if I need to make any adjustments at all or will the phantom make its own adjustments? Best practices as far as mounting something like that on the Phantom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Chris

Re: Do I need to Re-calibrate or make adjustments (adding GP

Welcome to the forum :D
Just adding a locater all you need to do is a full compass calibration outside . Anytime you add or move anything to your Phantom do one.
The locater is one of the best add-ons you could have got ! IMO

dirkclod said:
Welcome to the forum :D
Just adding a locater all you need to do is a full compass calibration outside . Anytime you add or move anything to your Phantom do one.
The locater is one of the best add-ons you could have got ! IMO

Also, Welcome to the Forum!! :) I use a different GPS locator, but not having tried all of them, I don't know for certain, which is really the best. But, I like mine!

Thank you guys for your replies. So, if I am understanding you correctly I do not need to do anything different than I currently do with my start-up procedures (which includes a compass calibration)? Does that mean the Phantom will adjust for the difference in weight distribution by itself? Thank you again for your help and patience as I am still learning and trying to make as few mistakes as possible.

I would agree that this is the best mod you can do as I had a fly away last year. Luckily a sticker with my phone number, a $50 reward saved me. I ordered the locator a couple weeks later after exhaustive research.

Thank again
Chris

cpditty said:
Thank you guys for your replies. So, if I am understanding you correctly I do not need to do anything different than I currently do with my start-up procedures (which includes a compass calibration)? Does that mean the Phantom will adjust for the difference in weight distribution by itself? Thank you again for your help and patience as I am still learning and trying to make as few mistakes as possible.

I would agree that this is the best mod you can do as I had a fly away last year. Luckily a sticker with my phone number, a $50 reward saved me. I ordered the locator a couple weeks later after exhaustive research.

Thank again
Chris
You don't need to calibrate at every flight. Just when you change the equipment configuration or fly in a location miles from the location of your previous calibration. Or when the Phantom is telling you that the compass needs calibration. Ideally you want the aircraft to be balanced, but the main controller in the NAZA unit will keep it level. Realize though, the NAZA MC keeps the aircraft level by adding more power to the motor nearest the heavyside, which translates into lower flight time. Maybe not much, but it all adds up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik