Do I need to balance DJI props

I've never had a set of DJI props that were perfectly balanced. So, it would at least be a good idea to check them.

Ideally, you should use a prop balancer. But, just a rod will work too. I'm using the SpeedyTM prop balancer. You can find a list of all compatible prop balancers and rods here.

Here's a video that explains how to balance props:

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyb
Hey nick...ya ain't got one and in a hurry ..This works in a jam just fine to check em ;)
balancer.jpg

Reactions: nickyb
Anyone thinking of getting the DuBro balancer. I highly recommend it but be aware, it does NOT come with a rod capable of balancing Phantom props! That's because the prop has no through hole where it mounts, only a tapped blind hole. This means you must buy a threaded rod separately!

Reactions: dirkclod
Phantom prop rod ~$14 on Amazon. Some have used a piece of plastic tube on the DuBro rod which then fits into the blind P3 prop, but I'm not sure of the size...

You can do it with just the correct rod.
Set it on a level glass or tin can as shown above, by checking in both directions you can do a pretty good job.
I use fine sandpaper on the heavy side but some prefer tape on the light side.

Considering the ongoing cracking incidents, anything which helps things run smooth is good.
I found mine were out quite a bit and when new it caused jello when the motors were more stressed like strong wind or going up fast. Haven't seen that since they were balanced (and no cracks either)

Which rod do you use to balance your p3p props. I have a balancer already, just need the rod brand

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4