Do I need a LiPo Charge Bag for the P3P batteries?

Reaction score
Hi,

Getting my P3P soon, and getting all the accessories first, like harness, gimbal guard etc etc. I also got from eBay a large LiPo fire protection bag as recommended from my old RC days.

Do users need them for the P3 batteries when charging? I'm thinking that they need good airflow around them so maybe stuffing them in the bag for charging is not a great idea?

Thanks

I just place mine on a stone floor away from anything that will burn.
They don't get very warm with a standard charger.
Just don't leave it and go out for the day or just before you go to bed just in case.

Reactions: nickyb
I just place mine on a stone floor away from anything that will burn.
They don't get very warm with a standard charger.
Just don't leave it and go out for the day or just before you go to bed just in case.
Thanks for the tip.

I charge mine sitting on a marble counter top with nothing close by combustible just in case.

Probably not necessary. Lipo's can swell and do funky things over time. I am an 1/8 scale monster truck guy and have seen Lipo's do some crazy things after being exposed to moisture etc. I would say no on the bag...unless you have an unpredictable battery but at that point it's best to toss it and buy new.

Probably not necessary. Lipo's can swell and do funky things over time. I am an 1/8 scale monster truck guy and have seen Lipo's do some crazy things after being exposed to moisture etc. I would say no on the bag...unless you have an unpredictable battery but at that point it's best to toss it and buy new.
Thanks for the info

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl