Do I need a GPS Tracker?

Reaction score
Lads,

Am readin aboot GPS trackers bein yeased, Div we really need wun given thae P3P haes GPS aun it?

Ah thoucht thit even if thae thing fell frum thae sky we wid still see it aun the tablet or phone.

Is thit nae richt? Dae ah need a GPS tracker or no?

Whit dae ye think?

Raggi

The GPS on the UAV shows us where it is on the map or last known position before a crash, but if you are out in the woods, in order to find a crashed bird on the side of a mountain, a tracker will be necessary. Yes, I have a tracker but I fly far away from civilization usually.

Your gps position is sent from the Phantom, to the remote, the mobile device gets its data from the remote. So if your phantom for some reason decides to fly-away. As soon as you loose your data signal this will show the last place it was located. These units can fly up 20-30 miles 30-50 km an hour. 20 min battery going away from you and your not sure if you have an accurate direction. If its on the ground it could be hidden in vegetation. If it is in a tree or on a roof you won't be able to see it. It's worse than looking for needle in a haystack, you can move a haystack.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic