Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Do I have Damage to motors or esc?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by easterndroner, Mar 5, 2016.

1. easterndroner

First flight today, took it up for 2-3 minutes and then while trying to land it tilted over and landed upside down. Three of the 4 motors were on the ground and it started to make a whining noise from the motors. Panicked and tried to turn it off as fast as i could but it took me 30 seconds before i walked over and just pulled the battery out. Three motors were hot to the touch and smelled of burnt plastic. I thought i saw a bit of white smoke too. Do you think I have any motor or Esc damage??? I let the drone cool down and flew it again an hour later for only 30 seconds. It flew fine, but that was a small test just up 6 feet and down with RTH. How do I diagnose if there is any damage to the drone from the first flight???

thanks

2. flpholt

you might want to learn how to hand catch it wont have those problems

3. With The Birds

You think you saw smoke and noticed a buring smell, im going to say it cant be as good as new. Try a close in flight for 15mins or so and take it from there.

BTW- What hapoens when you do a RTH from 6 feet above your home point? Was it just like an auto land or did it go through the whole RTH process including an option to abort?

4. DPD

DPD

When the bird flipped over you should have done a CSC to shut off the motors, instead of running over to it and pulling out the battery. It would've taken a lot less time. BTW when you landed did u do CSC command with the sticks? The only reason I ask is because I've read that if you do that, thinking that's the way to shut off the motors after you can cause your bird to flip over. When you land you should just pull down the left stick and the motors will shut off within three seconds..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

MrDroneUK likes this.