Do I have a bad battery

Reaction score
I was flying today my third flight for the day and I look down at my iPhone and see a message battery cell damage I was around 83% of my battery life when I landed this battery was fully charged earlier this morning and it was at room temperature when I took off said 100% fully charged and all my battery have the latest firmware same thing with my phantom three and my controller.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452373024.013135.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452373048.397851.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452373061.248185.jpg

Do you believe I need to contact DJI for a warranty claim I hovered my phantom after I return home for about four or five minutes on that battery it did not have any problems.
I noticed the amount of how many times it has been charged increased on its own after I turn the phantom off and back on it went from 32 to 33 Times charged.

Yes I have done the 8% discharge at 20 charges also this battery does not have any signs of swollen cell and when I pulled it out it was Luke warm .

Looks like your cells are not balanced have you done the 8% drain yet.

Those batteries are balanced fine from his pic. I'd run that battery down to 2% props off. The motors won't start under 10% so at that point you can just leave the Phantom on without starting the motors and let it go to 2%. Tun it off and charge the battery 100%. Update all your firmware, P3, Controller, batteries. Then test the battery carefully, low hover over something to cushion the fall if it happens. I'd run that battery down to I dunno 20% maybe and recharge and from there just monitor your battery. I have a suspect battery I put a small piece of red electrical tape on so I know not to push that battery as hard as my other ones. If you see a cell consistently deviate more than .10 from the other cells contact DJi for a warranty replacement.

Those batteries are balanced fine from his pic. I'd run that battery down to 2% props off. The motors won't start under 10% so at that point you can just leave the Phantom on without starting the motors and let it go to 2%. Tun it off and charge the battery 100%. Update all your firmware, P3, Controller, batteries. Then test the battery carefully, low hover over something to cushion the fall if it happens. I'd run that battery down to I dunno 20% maybe and recharge and from there just monitor your battery. I have a suspect battery I put a small piece of red electrical tape on so I know not to push that battery as hard as my other ones. If you see a cell consistently deviate more than .10 from the other cells contact DJi for a warranty replacement.
Agreed the voltages look good however that is at no load condition. Would have liked to have seen what the balance looked like in flight. I would load this log to healtjy drones and see what the conditions were when the error was reported. One cell may have high IR and will never hold balance properly under future use.

Could you please upload the subject flight to healthy drones? It would be interesting to see what was going on with the cell balance when the error was reported.

I uploaded it to healthy drones but I'm not sure how to share it on this I'll do a couple screenshots

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452378756.064983.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452378768.062250.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452378776.448073.jpg

What do you guys think do you think I need to contact DJI maybe it's a bad cell

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1