Do I buy vision or vision plus

Reaction score
Hi all I've not long had a fly away with my Fc40 (absolutely gutted) I can't stay away and need to get a better option I'm looking between the vision and vision plus but can't make my mind up, do you guys have any advice or preferences?

Cheers steve

With the Vision + you get the 3 axis gimbal and the new Transmitter. The camera/gimbal is notoriously fragile, but works fine as long as you're not crash prone. :D

The Vision is quite a bit cheaper, and you can add a RotorPixel gimbal for around $400. This is now a 2 axis gimbal, but they're working on a 3 axis model. The 2 axis model will be upgradeable to the 3 axis. It looks like they're still shipping the old transmitter with the Vision, but you can purchase a new one for $99.00... The camera/gimbal on this set up has proven to be pretty rugged...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
With the Vision + you get the 3 axis gimbal and the new Transmitter. The camera/gimbal is notoriously fragile, but works fine as long as you're not crash prone. :D

The Vision is quite a bit cheaper, and you can add a RotorPixel gimbal for around $400. This is now a 2 axis gimbal, but they're working on a 3 axis model. The 2 axis model will be upgradeable to the 3 axis. It looks like they're still shipping the old transmitter with the Vision, but you can purchase a new one for $99.00... The camera/gimbal on this set up has proven to be pretty rugged...

-slinger

Thanks for the heads up, their seems to be a lot of offers on the p2v+ at the moment can't find that many places selling the vision is the quality of the camera and gimbal that much better on the vision plus worthy of the extra dollars? Plus I see the new vision plus has a v3 upgrade better motors transmitter etc does that make the step up worth while too?

If you ask me, and I am a previous vision owner now waiting for my vision plus to arrive, Vision is a dead end.

Vision plus now at the current version is the way to go. Just don't crash it in a stupid manner and you will be fine.

V3 now has superior motors, better transmitter and you always had a better range and video smoothness. You will not get all of those for 400 dollars difference if you start of with vision and try to upgrade later.

I own a V+ but wish I had purchased a basic phantom 2 on 2.4hz control and fitted a zenmuse 3d, gopro and IOSD. similar ( ish ) cost with not quite so much functionality , but all separates so any failure isn't so expensive and the camera can be used for other stuff too.

If you are getting a vision+ get the 3.0 it has all the upgrades :D
GL!

The only way I would recommend the PV is if it was your first quad. Since you already have flying experience, then go with the PV+.
I would order a gimbal protector which sell from about $20 to $50.

locoworks said:
I own a V+ but wish I had purchased a basic phantom 2 on 2.4hz control and fitted a zenmuse 3d, gopro and IOSD. similar ( ish ) cost with not quite so much functionality , but all separates so any failure isn't so expensive and the camera can be used for other stuff too.

I was seriously looking at this option to but by the time you get the zenmuse 3d, gopro and FPV setup etc (which is important to me) you are looking at £200-£400 extra depending on which gopro fpv set up etc you choose. I did see the p2 has a v3 upgrade as well though!!

Dirk, you will have to invest more than 400 euro to have functionality and possibilities of Vision plus and because of this it is pointless if you ask me.

If V3 existed when I was getting vision, I would have taken the plus not regular vision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic