Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Do any of you pilots, have OTHER R/C interests, outside of MultiRotors?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by J Dot, May 12, 2015.

1. J Dot

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if any of you pilots,
    Have other R/C interests, other than MultiRotors?

I've been into it my whole life, and have had several, and still have most,
    If my old stuff, as well as new stuff!
    I was into everything, cars, trucks, boats, airplanes, gliders, air boats, helicopters, MultiRotors, you name it!

Here are just a couple pics of part of my collection! ( if anyone is interested, I can take pics of more of my collection )

First is my work space ( MAN area ) my wife says!
    [​IMG]

More work space:
    [​IMG]

Phantom area:
    [​IMG]

My nitro snow cat:
    [​IMG]

My original RC10 mint w/ aluminum rims:
    [​IMG]

Please feel free to share your pics if you like, and if you want to see more
    Pics, let me know!

Take care, Fly safe!
    J Dot

2. Monte55

Wow. You have a bunch of stuff. I have planes. Three with 72 inch wing spans. My planes have 2 and 4 stroke engines. And at least 6 others a bit smaller. Some helis, About 6 or so quads. And this I built about 15 years ago. Still works. Made from junk parts.

3. J Dot

HA HA HA!
    Aw man, THAT is bad A! I love that, you are INSANE! Too cool!

I recently got rid of my plane stuff, but repurposed one into this!

[​IMG]

J Dot

I also have a boat, several quads, and a bunch more nitro trucks!

mad in nc likes this.
  4. steveeds

I honestly wish Monte55 was my best friend, I like his toy, I can see doing real damage with that.

For me if you include telescopes and books in the equation perhaps I'd have some good input.

5. Monte55

In 1977 I built a hovercraft. Was about 6 feet wide and 12 foot long. Had two 18 hp 2 stroke engines. Looks similar to your swamp boat. One 36" lift fan and a 42" pusher prop. I have pics but not digital. I started a one man micro heli with counter rotating rotors about in 2008. Haven't worked on it for a while. need to get back to it.I have some videos on youtube doing some testing.

6. kitari

I started with r/c cars, nothing fancy except one gas powered truck I had a long time ago. Later I got into r/c helicopters from 3 channel up to a 3d heli which I constantly crashed and repaired until I just gave up on it, and then of course the phantom fc40 and my little cheerson cx-10. I've been wanting to do a 250 race quad for a while, but I'm broke at the moment, so that'll be on hold for a while. I also thought about trying out r/c planes, but never got around to it. Oh, and I had a couple robot r/c things a long time ago called rumble robots. :cool: I might post my current collection of toys in a few days when I get around to it if anybody's interested. I think I have 3 cars, 2 quads, and 3 helis (one's broke atm)

7. Monte55

hovercraft-nick1977.jpg Found a pic of the hovercraft

8. J Dot

Here you go MONTE55,
    This was a t-bucket go-cart I built for my oldest son, my dad used to scrap amusement park rides, when they were old or obsolete, this was a child's merry go round ride, had cars, and motorcycles that went round and round, and popped wheelies. The body was a ford t bucket, even says ford on radiator, and bed! Radiator is gas tank now! It is old now and a bit rusty! But still cool

[​IMG]

J Dot

9. Monte55

cool. Ya need to get it going again.

10. J Dot

Lol,
    I'm too big for it now, I was 22 when I built it ( was working in a welding shop, ) I'm 42 now, I fabricated EVERYTHING, except body, bed, radiator fiberglass! Even has plush interior! Look close at front end, it has lead spring suspension, kept it as TRUE as I could to the real deal, has a 7 speed tranny w/reverse! 18hp V-twin, totally gone through, high lift rockers, aluminum! Sounds exactly like a Harley Davidson!

Ps, freaking LOVE the hovercraft! Those pictures look 70's? I have a few from that era myself!

I should restore it AGAIN! Did it once already about 10 years ago, when 20hp blew up, so went with the 18hp, as 20 was a bit scary!

J Dot

11. J Dot

I just read your title,
    " GOT BOT " now THAT is funny!

J Dot

12. Monte55

What is the secret to loading a pic or video from my computer to forum. Having a hell of a time here.

13. J Dot

You need to upload it to the web first,
    I use ( photobucket ) for pictures, and gif formats, it's free, and easy to use, just upload, and you get a direct link, cut and paste, to here! I just type the img headers manually, but you can use link above to insert them!

I use YouTube for videos!

J Dot

14. Monte55

I can't put a video from my hard drive directly to forum?

15. Monte55

This is my toy. 1976 Midget. I bought for $650 in 1991 and restored it myself in 1993. To me it's like a legal go cart. I did a bit of custom work on it. Took off the ugly front rubber bumper and made the grill. The running light/turn signals are behind the grill.

16. J Dot

You Can upload pics from your hard drive directly to site, but I have not found a way to do videos yet? It always gives me an error code, then rejects me!
    I use photobucket for pics ( for editing reasons ) but it does not do video only pictures!

I use YouTube CAPTURE, for my videos!

J Dot

17. Monte55

I just put my video to youtube and link on forum. What a pain. I really don't want all my videos on youtube.

18. J Dot

I hear you,
    I feel the same, I'm sure there is a site somewhere that allows free video uploads, maybe Facebook, or alike? If you find one let me know?

Sweet car,
    I gave up tinkering a while ago, after I shattered my knee, I keep things simple now, soldering, glueing, needlepoint ( lol ) , just kidding!
    I can't do some of the things I used to do, but I tinker on a smaller scale now! Man can you imagine someone like us, in a well equipped shop, and plenty of $ to spend? We'd be dangerous! Lol.

I love seeing things people build with their imagination, always amazes me! I've see More yard built stuff, I've wanted, than new store bought stuff!

A+

J Dot

19. Monte55

I love building things. About 2006...after reading alot on the internet, designed and built my own cnc router. I made my helicopter blades on it. Some videos on youtube. It's pretty cool. I have just about all the tools to do this stuff. Need more money and time. The cnc router will draw too.

20. J Dot

I've always wanted one of those, a little less vocal ( lol ) does it run auto cad?

I also want a CNC machine for Bilit part fabrication! All RC related stuff!
    I've got tons of ideas, but no way to create them without the right tools!
    I own a patent on some stuff I made out of molds with lead ( tire weights ) then had PVC prototype parts made, followed by carbon plastic and Bilit parts made to complete the patent, cost me $$$$ but now onto manufacturing! I want to design more stuff like that ( without all the middle men! )

J Dot