Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. 30secs

Wondering of this is p4 wide, or a major % similar to the gimbal tilt?

2. thunderbird

I do have the yoyo after firmware upgrade

3. skyeboysteve

I still have the yoyo problem too--though, it's no longer evident so much when stopping in smooth winds or calm air. However, in gusty winds, it bobs a little after stopping from a full throttle flight in sports mode. But my biggest pet peave is that while hovering (in gusty winds) it bobs up and down over 7 feet. Makes it hard to shoot panoramas or AEB with a relatively close subject (ie closer than the horizon). My P3P may not stay in place exactly during wind gusts, but at least it holds altitude within a couple feet. I really think there's some issue relating to the barometer; as gusting winds will change the air pressure. What also disappoints me though, is that this yoyo effect even happened while in VPS range.

4. John Locke

Fyi, gimbal guards across the bottom, mounted between the two landing gear legs will cause a large yoyo effect.

KevMo Photog and Geeno like this.
  5. skyeboysteve

No guards here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Alien Warrior

My P4 yoyo'ed so badly it made getting usable footage nearly impossible.
    Several hours of flight and all i managed was 10 minutes of usable non-yoyo'ing footage.
    DJI Ken refused to acknowledge there was a problem with yoyo'ing and insisted I return the P4 for repair. 2 days later after sending the P4 back to China a FW update was released that supposedly addressed the issue!

Currently very grumpy as I have not had the P4 for longer than I had the P4 for.
    Flew it for three weeks and gone now for 4 weeks!

BTW.... out of desperation to get airborne I purchased an Inspire X5 and guess what......
    That yoyo's as well, perhaps not as bad as the P4 but i did have higher hopes for a machine that cost 3 times as much as the P4!!!!!!
    As I was circling a tower with the auto POI feature it was clearly visible ascending and decending through 1 to 2 metres(3 - 6 feet).
    The P4 was far worse as it would pass through 5 to 10 metres which is enough to crash it.
    Moral of the story.... you figure it out!

PS. Wish I would have kept the P3 as it flew better than both the P4 and the crappy Inspire1.

7. FCD

FCD

Firmware upgrade in the correct order fixed my yo-yo effect.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Fdnyfish and Geeno like this.
  8. Bckmstr

haven't experienced any yo-yo with mine ...dead calm in hover

Fdnyfish likes this.
  9. Erised

No more yoyo after upgrade with my P4..

Geeno likes this.
  10. lynxpilot

I had it with my new one purchased a little over a month ago and a recent firmware update took care of it entirely. Only thing is now when in a descent from straight above it really wants to dive after attempting to level out. It's not VRS. Something in the firmware.

11. scatmanr1

The p4 with all the thrust will naturally keep going straight up or down from full throttle when you let go of the stick. It does try to compensate by bringing it back to the hight that you let the stick go. It's not yoyo it's just inertia from the thrust and speed. This I believe is normal, just be careful and it seems to really only happen going straight up or down. Hope this helps...

12. skyeboysteve

I don't think this is what people are complaining about. It's when the P4 hovers in place but constantly moves up and down several feet with no control input.

Sky Architect likes this.
  13. scatmanr1

Ya I figured but some may think that, with the new update I do not have yoyo anymore

14. John Locke

Most of my yoyo is gone with the new firmware, but the altitude telemetry is flawed now, hindering Litchi flight accuracy. DJI still has work to do.

KevMo Photog likes this.
  15. apex1

I'm not getting yo yoing, but if I take off and it is a few feet off the ground hovering, it slowly loss altitude until it lands itself and the motors then slow down. It does this even though the compass is calibrated as are the IMUs and the sensors have been calibrated using the dji assistant.

16. phlyer

I turn off collision avoidance when landing as that causes a bit of a problem in tight spaces.

17. herkam

How do you mean that the altitude is flawed?
    I noted that the my P4 dropped maybe 7-8 meters when it stopped after it had been flying quite fast for a while but the altitude report was constant during the drop so the P4 just tried to maintain its height!
    Is this sensor error due to heat or something else?

I wonder what the DJI fix actually is doing?

/hakan

18. martybabe

I count my self lucky, no yo yo effect, little to no horizon tilt issue and well over a kilometre range.

The only issue I have is an inaccurate altitude. It's about 6 feet off at ground level, no idea what the discrepancy is at higher levels. This only happened after the latest upgrade.

19. RémyHeli

Exactly same by me martybabe,

Beware if RTH in action the craft might descend faster than with previous firmware when performing final approach to the ground as thinking being ie higher than reality. Imagine what's next.. (already discussed in other threads)

martybabe likes this.
  20. jwt873

I did have the 'drop after stopping' issue when I got the P4 back in April. But it was just a plain drop. It didn't YoYo..

But, the drop seems to have been cleared up with firmware updates. It doesn't do it any more.