Dng view on Mac finder is impossible?

Reaction score
As a photographer, I always shoot in raw in my cameras, and one of the main reasons that convinced me to buy the phantom pro is the ability to shoot in raw. The surprise? Mac os 10.10.4 doesn't support this DNG format. Now what? Any help here? Also, photos app of Yosemite also doesn't support it. (I use photos because like a lot of people, Apple left us behind with aperture, and never learned Lightroom, which does support this dog, by the way)

As a photographer, I always shoot in raw in my cameras, and one of the main reasons that convinced me to buy the phantom pro is the ability to shoot in raw. The surprise? Mac os 10.10.4 doesn't support this DNG format. Now what? Any help here? Also, photos app of Yosemite also doesn't support it. (I use photos because like a lot of people, Apple left us behind with aperture, and never learned Lightroom, which does support this dog, by the way)

I was in the same boat as you and had to find a suitable alternative to Aperture when Apple pulled the plug on any further development. After a lot of research, I opted for Adobe Lightroom and subsequently Photoshop CC as a subscription package. Whilst, I was familiar with Photoshop, I had to learn Lighroom from scratch and am now pretty confident in its use. There are tons of videos out there to ease your conversion and I am pleased to say that Lightroom is far superior to Aperture in every way.

I have a Canon 5diii and only shoot in RAW. Lightroom converts to DNG set automatically on importing from my CF or SD card.

I ought to say that I am a professional photographer with a fixed wing pilots license and the combination of my interests drew me to buy a P3P to expand my photographic work.

Have a good look at Adobe's photographic suite, bite the bullet up the learning curve and I am sure you won't be disappointed. The P3 RAW is supported in both and the lens correction is excellent.

Awesome. Thanks for your help. I was kind of avoiding lightroom, in part because it looks really intimidating... But, let's face it. You cannot call yourself a photographer if you don't know how to work with lightroom.

I use Aperture and Lightroom.

Found by accident a while ago (and posted on PhantomPilot) that if you run the DJI DNG Cleaner the output DNGs will work in Aperture, Photo, Preview.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.