DNG from P3S

Reaction score
I have been shooting in DNG with P3S but found out it's no use at all. Regardless what I do, it doesn't look as good as the JPEG. See attached example, I tried everything in Lightroom but the plain JPEG still looks better. The DNG without any processing looks even worse.

With all my other cameras, I can always make raw image look better than JPEG. I guess I will forget about DNG with P3S.

Attachments

• raw_comp.png
    raw_comp.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 482
All I see is a bit of noise reduction on the jpeg image causing a bit less detail.

I tried everything in Lightroom but the plain JPEG still looks better. The DNG without any processing looks even worse.
With all my other cameras, I can always make raw image look better than JPEG. I guess I will forget about DNG with P3S.
This is not my experience. Because the lens is relatively weak on the P3S, you have to apply more than the normal settings, plus large a mount of sharpening and some noise reduction.
Don't forget the pros of shooting RAW, that is it is much easier to recover highlights/shadows and correct white balance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj