DNG Files

Reaction score
How to I get DNG files from the P3A to Photoshop CS3 in Wndows. I have tried DJI_DNG_Cleaner, and Adobe DNg Converter. That one just produces a JPEG which I could have taken in the first place. I want edit non lossy raw files in bitmap form, just like I do with my Nikon NEF files.

You'll need a newer version of Camera Raw, which should be free.

Why don't you get Photoshop CC @ $10 a month....its well worth it

I've Got It,
ADOBE DIGITAL NEGATIVE CONVERTER Version 9.2.0.486 It's Free

Make shure Preferences is set to your version of Photoshop
To change compatibility preferences, follow these steps:
  1. In the Preferences section of the DNG Converter dialog, click Change Preferences.
  2. Now, choose one of the following options:

Camera Raw 2.4 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 2.4 (Photoshop CS) and later, and Lightroom 1.0 and later
    Camera Raw 4.1 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 4.1 (Photoshop CS3) and later, and Lightroom 1.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 4.6 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 4.6 (Photoshop CS3) and later, and Lightroom 2.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 5.4 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 5.4 (Photoshop CS4) and later, and Lightroom 2.4 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 6.6 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 6.6 (Photoshop CS5) and later, and Lightroom 3.6 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 7.1 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 7.1 (Photoshop CS6) and later, and Lightroom 4.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Custom:
    • Backward Version: DNG 1.1, DNG 1.3, or DNG 1.4 (default 1.4)
    • Linear (demosaiced): The image data is stored in an interpolated (“demosaiced”) format. This option is useful if a camera’s particular mosaic pattern is not supported by a DNG reader. The default mosaic format maximizes the extent of data preserved. Mosaic image data can be converted to linear data, but the reverse is not possible.
    • Uncompressed: No compression is applied to the raw image data.
  1. Click OK.
I have always used Digital Negs with my Nikon stuff they are called NEF Files there, if anyone wants convincing of the advavantages of DNG read this.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/photoshop/pdfs/linear_gamma.pdf

Reactions: zitrojj and BigAl07
Old Thread, I know, but thanks! Just picked up a P3S and was struggling with using the dng files in ps3. Preference thing worked like a charm!

I've Got It,
ADOBE DIGITAL NEGATIVE CONVERTER Version 9.2.0.486 It's Free

Make shure Preferences is set to your version of Photoshop
To change compatibility preferences, follow these steps:
  1. In the Preferences section of the DNG Converter dialog, click Change Preferences.
  2. Now, choose one of the following options:

Camera Raw 2.4 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 2.4 (Photoshop CS) and later, and Lightroom 1.0 and later
    Camera Raw 4.1 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 4.1 (Photoshop CS3) and later, and Lightroom 1.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 4.6 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 4.6 (Photoshop CS3) and later, and Lightroom 2.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 5.4 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 5.4 (Photoshop CS4) and later, and Lightroom 2.4 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 6.6 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 6.6 (Photoshop CS5) and later, and Lightroom 3.6 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Camera Raw 7.1 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 7.1 (Photoshop CS6) and later, and Lightroom 4.1 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.
    Custom:
    • Backward Version: DNG 1.1, DNG 1.3, or DNG 1.4 (default 1.4)
    • Linear (demosaiced): The image data is stored in an interpolated (“demosaiced”) format. This option is useful if a camera’s particular mosaic pattern is not supported by a DNG reader. The default mosaic format maximizes the extent of data preserved. Mosaic image data can be converted to linear data, but the reverse is not possible.
    • Uncompressed: No compression is applied to the raw image data.
  1. Click OK.
I have always used Digital Negs with my Nikon stuff they are called NEF Files there, if anyone wants convincing of the advavantages of DNG read this.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/photoshop/pdfs/linear_gamma.pdf

Thanks a million!! I still have cs3. Yes I am being a cheapo. :) your information helped a lot.

Thanks, but for CS6 at Amazon for £1299 there has got to be a cheaper way to get one type of file unwrapped.
HOW MUCH!!should of got lightroom dude!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers