DMV, DC / Maryland / Virginia

Try disabling the geo fence feature

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If this is what your talking about, yes i did with no luck.

0ad1ffad55a9a11b087b605e14cf735b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The green bar up top usually means it's good to go not sure how this is happening I'd try restarting the bird and controller make sure your firmware is current and you have good gps signal. If anything go to the location I told you earlier and try it if is still won't take off then there is an issue with your bird because m and another fellow droner have flower there multiple times

And what kind of phantom is that? If it's a P3 I don't think that's the correct app make sure it's the DJI Go and not DJI Go 4 the later only works on P4 and newer models.

And what kind of phantom is that? If it's a P3 I don't think that's the correct app make sure it's the DJI Go and not DJI Go 4 the later only works on P4 and newer models.

I have P3 professional using the DJI Go app. I do not have a problem flying out side the green circle. I'll have to double check the firmware

Where I turned around in the photo below is where I hit the geo-fence and could not fly any further south.

90f3bafe6785178dab0a44114e16865d.jpg

Last edited:
Grounded for three days. Seems like there is something going on in the Washington DC area. My area is under a Temporary Flight Restriction. Absolutely no flying in the airspace unless you are Secret Service, emergency or law, or a commercial passenger jet with a secret code. I guess it doesn't help that I live 100 yds from Trump's country club.

Grounded for three days. Seems like there is something going on in the Washington DC area. My area is under a Temporary Flight Restriction. Absolutely no flying in the airspace unless you are Secret Service, emergency or law, or a commercial passenger jet with a secret code. I guess it doesn't help that I live 100 yds from Trump's country club.

Yep! From Baltimore Md to Stafford Va., It sucks, just received my Mavic Pro yesterday.

5b3574dbf3ea29f1516a4c99378b17b2.jpg

Hi all,
I've been flying in the DC area for about seven months now. I have scoured the map looking for places to fly. I live in downtown Washington so I'm affected by the no-fly zone so I drive about 50 min to even send the drone up. Annoying.

Check out @goldenhouraerials on Instagram for my "missions".

Would love tot meet up with some people and learn.

Just got a new P4P.

107 certified as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hi Kevin - I saw your post and looked at your instagram - nice pics ! I am moving to Bethesda MD in March and would love to pick your brains on places to fly. If you are up to it, I would like to offer you a coffee to discuss and even arrange a meet up to go out and fly even though I fly a Solo. - Nick

I'm in North Laurel-HC side. Any issues flying in those parks? Looking for new places to fly.
I haven't experienced any problems. I may go out this weekend to see if anything changed. I haven't flown there in a while.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been flying DJI drones for a few years now. Owner of a Phantom 2 Plus v3.0 and a Phantom 3 Professional.

I live in Howard County near Elkridge/Jessup/Columbia area. If anyone want to fly sometime let me know.

Here is a recent video I pieced together. Please check it out and Subscribe to my YouTube channel while there. Hit that Thumbs up button if you like it.

Thanks, Guys and Gals!

-OTGSyd

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hello to everyone i'm new in this drone flying thing , i get a dj phantom vision 2 plus from a friend and i didn't know how complicated it was to fly one. Firstable i stay in burtonsville md area and i can't fly my drone, so many restrictions is just crazy. well needles to say i will appreciate if anyone put me on the right path to a close area where is not restricted to fly my drone i try some close areas but it looks almost impossible to find one that works !! please help.

I'm not sure about your phantom 2 but my P3P can only fly north Blackburn road in Burtonville. My Mavic pro using DJI GO 4 app can fly almost all of Burtonville.

Reactions: jorge32
Hi guys another question? can you fly a dji mavic drone in burtonsville are or the gps wont let you fly same as my phantom 2 plus?
thanks everyone!!

The Mavic and phantom 4's using the the DJI Go4 app can fly in Burtonville form Fairland rd north.

hello to everyone , i found out thanks to skyninja that i do can fly in my area !! and that is awesome ..
but i got another issue maybe one you guys can assist me to solve it.
my phantom 2 vision plus camara wifi connection its broken and i though maybe was the binding ,but i cant bind because my drone had another owner before me and this guy ripped the bar code in the drone and i don't know why, but now i have to find a way to fix this!!
is there other way to bind my camara ???
thanks..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik