DMV, DC / Maryland / Virginia

Another DC-area drone flyer here. I have a P3A. Would love to meet up with some other folks some time. I'm also a high-power rocket nut. But I try not to mix them! :)

I can meet up with you during the weekend!
Let me know.
Another DC-area drone flyer here. I have a P3A. Would love to meet up with some other folks some time. I'm also a high-power rocket nut. But I try not to mix them! :)
i can meet

I'm in Sterling, Va. Not too far from Dulles Airport.
Do you still fly your drone in Sterling? I live in Sterling as well and am looking for places to fly near by. I'm new to the hobby and am looking for a site to launch my first flight. Thanks

Do you still fly your drone in Sterling? I live in Sterling as well and am looking for places to fly near by. I'm new to the hobby and am looking for a site to launch my first flight. Thanks

Do you have contact info for the airport? I'm in South Riding and would enjoy finding a place around the area to fly.

Last edited:
Northern Virginia area peoples, are their any large spots other than Lake Brittle in the Gainesville/Warrenton area? I haven't found any large open areas (over 1km) without going out towards Front royal.

Considering a P3A. How much of a PITA is it to fly in the DC SFRA? Does the firmware/app make you jump through hoops? What about flying within 5 miles of an airport? Do you have to get online approval somehow before the app/firmware lets you fly? What about heliports? Does the firmware make it more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks very much.

Headed to the Gaithersburg area Wed-Sat this week and the weather during the day looks alright (50+F). I should hopefully be buying and flying a new Phantom down there. Anyone in that area flying? Thought I'd throw it out there.

Scott

I don't know a good place to fly there but if you want to drive 20-25 mins NE, I might be able to meet you at Longwood Rec Center in Olney if you want - depending on what's going on family-wise. There's a nice field and nobody is ever there.

Hi All,

Just bought a P3 and super excited to start flying! I was a UAV mission payload operator in the Navy, so I'm curious to see how that experience will translate to a personal drone. I'm located in Southern Maryland.

Hi All,

Just bought a P3 and super excited to start flying! I was a UAV mission payload operator in the Navy, so I'm curious to see how that experience will translate to a personal drone. I'm located in Southern Maryland.
I was born on Pax yrs ago. Im also in So Md but will be in Bahamas for a week. When I get back we could possibly get together to fly. So Md has a few nice spots. Its not till you go further north you run into issues.

Reactions: Cattman
I work in Pax and live in King George, VA. Some good scenery around my property and a lot of open area. Maybe have a meet here one weekend.

Reactions: Apilot101
I live in DC, and I just got my Mavic Pro today and I'm looking to go fly tomorrow. Any real good scenery spots to fly...I'd be willing to drive up to an hour and a half.

That looks beautiful. I assume that's your land? I'd love to fly around. Was looking at heading somewhere tomorrow morning, with my significant other and the pup. If that wouldn't be an issue, I'm in. I'll email you now. Where are you located?

Not an issue. I will pass my address via email and phone number via email.

Others that want to fly are more than welcome to come. Just email. We can work out a time.

That looks beautiful. I assume that's your land? I'd love to fly around. Was looking at heading somewhere tomorrow morning, with my significant other and the pup. If that wouldn't be an issue, I'm in. I'll email you now. Where are you located?
ot a

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20