DMV, DC / Maryland / Virginia

Mark, Sunday Aug 7 in the morning works for me too...This would be my first flight and I have looked for locations but no luck. The fairgrounds could be a good place, I will drive by to check it out. It would be nice if we could find a large place away from the city! Anyone else knows where to flight in MD or VA?

Okay I'd like to hear some input from BOGEY2 about those fairgrounds or whatever they are there off Rt 198.

Another possibility is the baseball diamond just north of the Olney Swim Center - 16605 Georgia Ave, Olney MD 20832

9d4b20cfeab8389dd47c735549070d2d.jpg

Not sure where the fairgrounds are....we can try this area-see picture. Has a Park/Burtonsville Elementary.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think that has good potential. Those two ball fields will give us a fair amount of space and it's off the beaten path so every cop cruising down one of the state roads won't be inclined to stop and watch.

It's off the NW corner of Rt 198 (Spencerville Rd) and Rt 29 (Columbia Pike) in Burtonsville. Access from Rt 198. Look for signs to Burtonsville Elementary.

What do you think Santos?

Hi guys, learned that I will be out the of town Aug -6-. Can we meet Aug 13/14?
I will check out the fairgrounds tomorrow.

Thank you for the map BOGEY2!

Hi guys, learned that I will be out the of town Aug -6-. Can we meet Aug 13/14?
I will check out the fairgrounds tomorrow.

Thank you for the map BOGEY2!
Yeah. Problem is, Santos will have a brand new INSPIRE and I don't know if he wants to wait an extra week to fly. When I first got my Phantom, I didn't want to wait three minutes.

Bogey I don't know if we can call those fair grounds or what. I just know they shot major fireworks off from that big field on the south side of Rt 198. It was a major attraction drawing a big crowd from around the area.

Santos, I like that spot near Sugarloaf. Looks like it has great potential. But of course it's private property so are we going to have a place to park on the side of the road there? And is anybody gonna bug us that we're flying? But I'm happy to try it out if you want.

And if that doesn't work, we can use Longwood Rec Center as a back up. That's where I flew when I first got my Phantom. It's plenty big enough to start out because you don't want to be going crazy on your first flight. Little baby steps are best.

Last edited:
Congratulations Mark!! and I totally understand! you guys go ahead august 7th and we can plan another meet up soon.
Did you get the RAW? I hope to get the RAW camera soon!

Forget about the location I posted, that place is trouble!
Santos

Santos - I'm sorry - I thought it was bogey that wanted to wait an extra week. I fly every day from my property. I just wanted to see an Inspire up close. Aug 13-14 is fine with me.

Santos - I will meet up with you. At this point I will recommend Longwood Rec Center. That's where I learned to fly. 19300 Georgia Ave., Brookeville MD 20833. Is this okay? When would you like to meet?

Great Mark and Longwood Rec Center works. I can meet Saturday or Sunday, let me know what time works for you.

Anyone else want to join us?

Thanks
Santos

Sounds good. You'll see a nice grass field. I'll be parked up top near the pine trees which we can use for shade. Be sure your FA number is adhered to the Inspire. See you then!

Good Morning Santos!

One of the things I like to do before I fly is check the weather - and I like uavforecast.com. Besides rain, the main thing I worry about is wind. Right now it's saying no chance or rain this morning and winds at 400 ft will be from the west at 6-7 mph between 10 and 11 AM. The winds will be even less closer to the ground so it appears to be a perfect day to fly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic