DJI's Refunding for Invalid Battery Problem. Advice?

Reaction score
DJI's authorized my Amazon.com seller, Kellards, to refund my purchase for a Phantom 2 Vision that has the "invalid Battery" problem that persisted even after doing the requested software & firmware updates last month that would supposedly fix the problem. I'd love advice on what to replace it with: another Phantom 2 Vision or a Phantom 2, with the Zenmuse gimball and the GoPro Hero 3. Does anyone know if the invalid battery problem has been eradicated from currently shipping Phantom 2 & Phantom 2 Visions? Many thanks in advance of your input!

I haven't seen any issues reported in the later batches (with the modified battery data pins). However it might have been a bad battery in your case, as opposed to datalink problem I suppose. Did you ever try it with an alternative battery pack?

Nevertheless, the choice of replacement is a decision only you can really make - there are many, many posts on this forum and others about the pros, cons and costs of both systems. It probably boils down to what you are prepared to sacrifice and what you stand to gain? (FPV out of the box, fpv as an add-on, gimbal-stabilised out of the box, gimbals available but currently still early release, full data telemetry out of the box, data telemetry as an add-on, remote camera operation out of the box, no remote operation, etc, etc, etc, etc!)

Later Vision's allegedly have the multi-point blunt pins instead of needles to improve contact in the battery data connector. As for the warnings, the firmware was patched as of v1.05 to no longer forcibly initiate an auto-landing as it used to do.

If the battery data contacts bounce & break the communication between smart battery & central board, you'll get an invalid battery warning, lose your battery gauge (0% rem) but still be able to fly. However Vision still monitors the battery terminals so if the voltage drops to 10.65v it will initiate a mandatory auto-landing.

If you experience warnings, you can clean the pins & pads, check to make sure the pins fully extend before inserting battery, and if they don't you can try applying 1/2 drop contact lubricant w/pins pointing up to help improve contact and keep the spring & pin from binding.

iDrone :geek:

Thanks for the advice on the above posts. It would drop out of the sky (not an auto-landing) even after the software update. I was actually able to get a full refund on my Vision almost 3 months after I bought it! Couldn't believe I wasn't only offered store credit and/or a restocking fee for it. So based partly on the advice from the replies to my post, I went with this: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/home/5 ... -pack.html The beauty of the Vision is it's all in one architecture, but without a gimbal, I find its video nearly worthless, so I went with the Phantom II with the usual GoPro/gimbal combo from a reputable firm that's assembling the components for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr