djis customer service

Reaction score
UPDATE:: DJI has sent me a replacement battery at no cost to me and it was fast , thanks guys!

how come dji hasn't improved thier customer service by now? with all the complaints we have and anyone else who owns a dji product, is it because they know they are the best and dont care? can we spread the word and boycott until they improve? i came really close to choosing autel but got a used p4 locally (that of course has the battery crack and they say is out of warrenty even though it is a design flaw that should be replaced) im getting tired of it, i just dont know how they can be so successfull but have shitty customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
I applied for a job with DJI as a repair technician in Carson, CA., and they only paid $15 per hour! I couldn't live on that, but that kind of indicates what kind of people are working in their repair facility!
Underpaid, probably under educated, inexperienced people that get frustrated with the lousy pay.
I could be wrong... BUT?????

well im seriously thinking of switching companies, gopro has to have better cs than dji, ive seen Autels..i need to consider. if any of you have gotten dji to own up to thier mistakes please post.

well im seriously thinking of switching companies, gopro has to have better cs than dji, ive seen Autels..i need to consider. if any of you have gotten dji to own up to thier mistakes please post.
What did you do to your drone? DJI repaired my used drone for free under their 1 year something something policy. A brand spanking new camera came back with a fresh set of anti vibration dampers, and they even replaced the zip ties for the gimbal guard for a more color matched look. I live about 30 minutes away, and the whole process took about one week. Amazing customer service if you ask me....

Well it seems to be rather hit or miss... maybe because of the location of the repair facility? and where you are located?
I have read both raving reviews, like yours, and horrible reviews with long turn around and bad CSR's.
Very interesting with all the differences.

Worst company I've ever dealt with, complete and utter liars and thats from almost everyone within their company that I have had the misfortune to deal with.
The level of lies is on a level that I couldn't explain, you wouldn't beleive me.

Reactions: scootrkitz
Worst company I've ever dealt with, complete and utter liars and thats from almost everyone within their company that I have had the misfortune to deal with.
The level of lies is on a level that I couldn't explain, you wouldn't beleive me.
DJi support online was uber fast. Give them a call since voice chatting can actually be a more direct to the point method.

Ive called them 32 times.
I have emailed them 61 times.
I have used the online chat facility 23 times.

Always very pleasant whether talking to them or chatting online but end result is always the same, they lie.

Ive called them 32 times.
I have emailed them 61 times.
I have used the online chat facility 23 times.

Always very pleasant whether talking to them or chatting online but end result is always the same, they lie.
Might as well get a plane ticket, a bus ticket, or uber down here to California. They are located in Carson....those stats made me laugh though haha..

Might as well get a plane ticket, a bus ticket, or uber down here to California. They are located in Carson....those stats made me laugh though haha..

It does make me sound really **** but I've never been like this before. They have just got me mad is all. I'm furious with them but I now have an ace up my sleeve. I've found out that they are exhibiting at the local exhibition centre near me in December so I will have the last laugh.

are any of you getting rid of your dji things? or just hoping nothing goes wrong?

also to answer an above question, i have the crack in my battery (p4) and they told me it was out of warranty (by 1 month) and they are not going to do anything...they told me to buy a new one pretty much.. i just think its the lowest thing for them, not helping their customers, they should be sued, i know some on here have it way worse than me, damaged aircraft etc. but i think i am going to Autel or gopro..i need good customer service it's important.

are any of you getting rid of your dji things? or just hoping nothing goes wrong?

also to answer an above question, i have the crack in my battery (p4) and they told me it was out of warranty (by 1 month) and they are not going to do anything...they told me to buy a new one pretty much.. i just think its the lowest thing for them, not helping their customers, they should be sued, i know some on here have it way worse than me, damaged aircraft etc. but i think i am going to Autel or gopro..i need good customer service it's important.

I love their equipment, it's the service that stinks. What I know now is that given the choice I would buy elsewhere next time.

DJi support online was uber fast. Give them a call since voice chatting can actually be a more direct to the point method.

I would recommend reading this thread, one of the several hundred in this forum with pretty much same content.

I love their equipment, it's the service that stinks. What I know now is that given the choice I would buy elsewhere next time.

That's the reason I decided to buy an Autel, their customer service is awesome, they have exceeded my expectations.

To answer your question I am not going to get rid of my DJI stuff, however, I already started to look elsewhere. That's the reason I purchased an Autel, their customer service is awesome. If one day something was to go wrong with my P3P I am going to stick to my X-Star P and not going to buy another DJI product, feel like I am buying a product that I know I am not going to have the support I deserve as a consumer. But that's just me.
Personally I am happy with the X-Star Premium. I am not going to say that Autel's technology is better than DJI's, I am going to say that is different but the drone flies the same as the Phantom 3 Pro. In paper the X-Star Premium shows it can reach 1.2M distance, on a good day I have gone 2.9M out at about 300ft altitude. The quality of the 4K camera is as good.
On a regular basis I fly both drones, at the end of the day the experience is the same.

Last edited:
Yea. And it hopefully have a feeling they will be upgrading thier x star line with p4 abilities, I've heard the camera is actually a little better, people have more detail and up close has more focus.

Yea. And it hopefully have a feeling they will be upgrading thier x star line with p4 abilities, I've heard the camera is actually a little better, people have more detail and up close has more focus.

Straight out of the mem card of the X-Star P, no post processiong. This shot was taken in Auto.

Autel is also working on their own version of the Inspire, can't wait.

Attachments

• MAX_0005-3.jpg
    MAX_0005-3.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 222
Straight out of the mem card of the X-Star P, no post processiong. This shot was taken in Auto.

Autel is also working on their own version of the Inspire, can't wait.

Yes that's a good photo. It's 16:9 right?

Their own version of the inspire sounds nice! In the mean time I'll enjoy my p4 though

Yes that's a good photo. It's 16:9 right?

Their own version of the inspire sounds nice! In the mean time I'll enjoy my p4 though

Same here. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my phantom, the technology is great. The customer service leaves a sour taste to the enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just sent my P3S in for repairs. The minor damage was from a RTH failure over a month ago, and the flight record of the crash had since been overwritten. They repaired it for free. New central board, new RC board, and a bunch more small components. Repair was done within a week if them recieving it. The service must be very hit and miss, good for some and bad for others. Sadly, as usual with the internet, more people with bad experiences post about them than thise with good experiences, skewing the big picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers