DJI's comment on cracking around motors

Um ok... What model is yours??
I'm confused... My P3A was one of the "first batches". It was bought in Aus, May 2015. I'm very sure it was the first batch. Now looking at the pic, I have the top version WITHOUT the reinforced X.

Fracture%20fix.jpeg

I did the same mod as you as a preventative measure except I used a glue gun.
Could it be that your supplier is just dumping old stock and calling it new??
Could it be that P3P has different shell than the P3A?
Could it be that "all" shells crack, revised or not??
It looks to me like yours is different from BOTH of the examples shown in the other photo. In the other photo, the plastic between the screw mounts is lower and has a curve down. In your photo, the plastic between the screw mounts is taller with no curve down. I hope that makes more sense when you look at both.

Reactions: JoBe
Mines is in the box ready to get shipped back to Heliguy here in the UK. I bought from them because they are a DJI repair centre and do warrantee work. Meant to be only a few days wait time instead of DJI's 60 day plus.

I will let you know how I get on. I understand that people don't want to wait for DJI so they pay and fix the problem them self's. DJI will love that. If everyone sent there units back DJI would know how big the problem was and need to do something, maybe do better testing in the first place.
I'm planning on buying my P3P from heliGuy. They confirmed yesterday that its the new design for the arms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20