DjiGo/Litchi, Samsung S6 and Map Loading via Cellular

Reaction score
Recent issues I have had with Litchi missions running on my iPad Mini 4 "forced" me back to using my Samsung Galaxy mobiles (I have S6 and S6 Edge). It appears that when I connect to the controller WiFi the amount maps/data I can cache is very limited. Just a few kilometers from my home point and nothing loads at all. All I get is a blank screen regardless of whether I am using the Dji-Go app or Litchi. On my iPad Mini, however, I can scroll across the country and maps just keep on loading over the cellular data network. I dont think either app is at fault and I suspect this must be an android issue? Any one have any suggestions?

I want to revive this thread as I have not resolved this problem. I do now believe this isn't related to caching but rather these android apps are not using the available cellular network once the mobile connects to the phantom wifi. This may explain why Litchi FB Live sharing does not appear to work under Android but my iPad with Cellular data works like a charm.

I want to revive this thread as I have not resolved this problem. I do now believe this isn't related to caching but rather these android apps are not using the available cellular network once the mobile connects to the phantom wifi. This may explain why Litchi FB Live sharing does not appear to work under Android but my iPad with Cellular data works like a charm.
It's not the app, it's Android. It doesn't have the ability that iOS has to use cell Internet connectivity when it's connected to wi-fi.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
It's not the app, it's Android. It doesn't have the ability that iOS has to use cell Internet connectivity when it's connected to wi-fi.

I was suspicious but hoped I was wrong. I much prefer my iPad for either app except there appears to be an issue with Litchi missions using this platform. I often (if not always) get "Mission Ended" error and even though the mission continues on the planned path the gimbal settings are all askew. Missions, under android however, work fine.

I haven't bought the Litchi app, but I'm going to this week. I have a Galaxy S8, a Nexus 6P, and a Nexus 7 (2013) and I would prefer to use Android, providing the app doesn't crash as much as Go does. The S8 is new and I was thinking I would get Litchi on that and leave DJI Go on the Nexus devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers