DJIGO 2.8.3 is out!

Hi R6
What do you mean by "Max Takeoff altitude"?
Are you saying it's changed the max altitude you can fly at ?
I'm getting VERY wary of these updates.
I have 2 P3Ps that are both working just fine on 2.8 and am wondering what else is changed in this update

No, it's just a record of the maximum elevation you were at when you took off, it has nothing to do with your maximum altitude you can fly at.

Just updated my iOS to 2.8.3 and then my P4 to the latest firmware. The firmware install went without a hitch, and mine did not "freeze" at 99%. Took about 20 minutes.

I did two quick flights outside my house, and from what I saw, it's about 95% better than what it was with 2.8.2. I only saw one black "flicker", but after that, the entire rest of the two short flights were perfect.

I may have had a few flickers before with 2.8.1, but didn't really notice it since I wasn't looking for it, so a flicker here and there may be just normal. But with 2.8.2, this flickering was very constant.

That seems to be gone now. I'll continue to do short flights until my confidence level increases enough to do more strenuous flights.
I just looked, my app vers is still the 2.7.2, I been afraid to update for so many had problems and loose features in the updates!!

Can someone confirm the latest versions of everything? My status says "normal (latest firmware)" so I assume I'm good.

Go App = 2.8.3
RC = 1.6.0 ?
P4 craft = 1.01.0410 ?

It appears the current release notes (below) in the DJI website are out of date. I haven't seen any prompts to update the RC or craft, but wanted to check.
upload_2016-6-5_10-1-1.png

Last edited:
What RC are you using with the P4?
With the Inspire RC linked to P4 I can not see the P4 craft firmware.

The Android version 2.8.1 of the DJI GO app is able to show more channels when adding the channel hack config file. But you cannot select a custom channel, at least on the android version...? So you are still bound to the auto selected channel....

Just updated P4 Firmware ok.
Upgraded DJI GO and lost maps. Tested tablet this way and that and eventually Google Play advised device incompatible. Reluctantly upgraded OS and all went smoothly from there.
Same goes for P3 and controller, all appears good.
Everything up to date and appears to be working but weather is being too wild and diffcult to test quads.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr