DJI_xxxx_bad.mp4 ? No SD Card midflight

Reaction score
First time I've seen this, came back in from flying and had one of the movie files labeled this way - and it will not open in any player.

Just curious, anyone seen this before? Any idea what happened? Clearly the DJI app itself noted corruption (or something) happened and marked it as such. The card file system itself is intact and went through a scan without issue.

Now - CAN'T write off the potential coincidence (or cause?) of something else:
I flew two sessions that day on that card, which started empty. The first session produced that file. I didn't check after that session to see if _bad existed - so it MAY or MAY NOT have already been there before session two.

Flew later that day and MIDFLIGHT I suddenly noticed that movie recording turned off and I get a NO SD CARD message. I bring her back to me and, sure enough, the memory card is just barely popped out of the slot. I push it back in and all is well again.

I cannot say if the _bad occurred before the NO SD CARD or not. The coincidence is hard to ignore though, as I've never had this happen before. Then again, also never had the SD Card pop out on it's own during flight.

Tried it - the format is one your software supports, #8 and again I got a file that vlc opened but was garbage
Did you try some of the other format codes? (People are often mistaken about what format their video was recorded in.) If you still can't get it to work, then if you upload it to a (publicly accessible) web server and send me the URL (either by personal message on this forum, or via email to djifix (at) live555.com), I'll download it and take a look at it myself, to see if I can fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.