Dji

Fly-Away is DJI's fault says Frank Wang!

jetlag said:
Big article on today's Wall Street journal. Inspire to be announced Wednesday

More interesting to some is: DJI officially announced the existence of "fly away" due to technical problems that are their fault! Frank Wang (founder and CEO of DJI) says, "some customers are losing control of their drones because of technical issues, including a reliance on GPS signal, which sometimes can be lost, It's our fault. We have to make something that cannot go wrong in any scenario." The WSJ went on to say "DJI generally doesn't replace drones lost this way" Wow! Amazing to finally hear it from the horses mouth. I really believed that it was due to pilot error but apparently not :shock:

he's opened his self up to some serious legal action making comments like that, especially admitting an issue then saying we don't replace craft lost

spudraleigh said:
jetlag said:

More interesting to some is: DJI officially announced the existence of "fly away" due to technical problems that are their fault! Frank Wang (founder and CEO of DJI) says, "some customers are losing control of their drones because of technical issues, including a reliance on GPS signal, which sometimes can be lost, It's our fault. We have to make something that cannot go wrong in any scenario." The WSJ went on to say "DJI generally doesn't replace drones lost this way" Wow! Amazing to finally hear it from the horses mouth. I really believed that it was due to pilot error but apparently not :shock:

Yeah just saw this thread which says the opposite viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29372

Confused :?:

malibusteve70 said:
spudraleigh said:
jetlag said:

Yeah just saw this thread which says the opposite viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29372

Confused :?:

I just quoted the article directly from the paper. Here's the link to the article... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...T-3YBI&usg=AFQjCNEl3xjLh0xPmWx_THP_kjRbnsbCRQ Link now requires log in... so, you just have to take my word for the quotes above or get yourself a copy of the paper.... thinking about scanning and posting text but WSJ would not like that. Bottom line is that they said it is their fault that fly away occurs due to loss of GPS signal at altitude.... sometimes...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie