DJI Wifi Extender with FC40 Camera or GoPro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been doing some research and I can't seem to find a definitive answer, so I will ask here. Looks like the DJI WiFi Extender is just a 2.4 Ghz repeater that takes a supplied MAC and SSID combo and repeats it.

My question is does anyone know if the MAC addresses are restricted down to just P2V cameras or will any WiFi device configured in bridge mode in Phantom Vision be repeated.

I will admit, I am asking the question after the fact I purchased one this morning from DroneFly to try, but started thinking about it after the fact.

Ideally I would have the wifi extender connected to my GoPro Hero3+ repeating that signal through the DJI WiFi extender and being able to connect to that network from the iPhone to control the video feed. I have another wifi extender I have used in already to accomplish the same thing, just not as portable or battery powered.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If the setup doesn't work, guess there will be a WiFi Extender for sale :)

Thanks,

Dave

It won\t work. Nobody got the repeater to work on anything else than the vision camera.

Eric,

Thanks for the reply... I will just sell the repeater when it arrives this week then and I will try my second route with a LiPo powered wifi extender from a 3rd party manufacture. I will report back what I get working. Do appreciate the quick answer.

Dave

The most powerful repeater is the amped sr10000. Easy to setup, 600 mW and I get 1000 or so feet with standard antennas.
14db antennas should get you 2000 if not more.

Thanks again... I have seen the unit mentioned. Do you have it set to run from a battery pack or are you plugging it in to the wall with extension cord outside everytime you want to run it? Thanks for the input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31