DJI Website videos nothing like Phantom 2 V+

Reaction score
Hello guys, is it me or the videos on the webpage seem NOTHING like the quality that comes from the Vision 2 +, any1 has any idea how to make something as amazing as those videos?

Agreed.
When I was deciding on Gopro(good video) VS +Plus version(better battery life) . I went for Plus and better battery life thinking I could live with the video. But when I first saw it on pc I said 'O bollocks, ye think somebody would have mentioned the crap video'. Basicly don't film grass or water and don't move the camera. No kidding.

I'm living with it and using the time to practice flying and editing video while I wait for the next one.

No problem for putting up videos on youtube to impress the locals etc. (actually youtube takes out the moire so making it look bit better)

Gaelmart said:
Agreed.
When I was deciding on Gopro(good video) VS +Plus version(better battery life) . I went for Plus and better battery life thinking I could live with the video. But when I first saw it on pc I said 'O bollocks, ye think somebody would have mentioned the crap video'. Basicly don't film grass or water and don't move the camera. No kidding.

I'm living with it and using the time to practice flying and editing video while I wait for the next one.

No problem for putting up videos on youtube to impress the locals etc. (actually youtube takes out the moire so making it look bit better)

I just find it disappointing that DJI has to make videos of the Phantom Vision 2+ with their profesional drones and cameras. Its just not ethical.

I thought I got pretty decent results from my P2V+, I find that the biggest problem, is with YouTube. It seems like the quality lacks whenever I post a video on YouTube, even with thier settings on 1080p. Maybe it's my internet connection or maybe I shoud post them on Vimeo, I'm not sure. I do know, that if I watch my videos on Windows media player, they look fine. I have noticed a little pixelation or whatever it's called, when there are shingled roof tops in the shots but other than that it's pretty good. I am sure a GoPro would look much better, but that's going to have to wait for me. At least until someone comes up with the ultimate system, hopefully something waterproof and with some zoom and night vision action :cool:

artbrana said:
Hello guys, is it me or the videos on the webpage seem NOTHING like the quality that comes from the Vision 2 +, any1 has any idea how to make something as amazing as those videos?

A proper editing suite and post processing. Keeping in mind, lighting conditions are everything when creating an attractive video. Chose to capture video during Magic Hour (also known as Golden Hour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography) )

The actual footage in that video is not that great. I mean, it is great, but not outside the realm of the capabilities of the V+. One thing I do almost all the time is shoot ⅓ stop underexposed, as it seems the camera tries to overexpose nearly everything, which yields some washed out, crummy looking footage. A lens hood (or piece of electrical tape) is essential to get better dynamic range than you would with the sun hitting the lens.

Definitely needs some post-processing, and the bit rate is just atrocious, but it's possible to get some decent footage if you work at it.

malacca said:
The actual footage in that video is not that great. I mean, it is great, but not outside the realm of the capabilities of the V+. One thing I do almost all the time is shoot ⅓ stop underexposed, as it seems the camera tries to overexpose nearly everything, which yields some washed out, crummy looking footage. A lens hood (or piece of electrical tape) is essential to get better dynamic range than you would with the sun hitting the lens.

Definitely needs some post-processing, and the bit rate is just atrocious, but it's possible to get some decent footage if you work at it.

You are so correct. The sad part is, the video on these very same cameras use to be way better until around two firmware updates ago. Default setting before the change wasn't that bad, but now you have to work with the settings to get the video to something you can work with.

There is a mod out that very few know about that shows you how to replace the lens to one that is not fish eyed. The video saw before and after was rather decent in comparison to what it currently is.

What I see from the video is very agressive compression (at least thats what I think it is).

Shooting raw and post-processing should yield better results (?)

Shooting RAW is good for photos, but you definitely see the limitations of the sensor when you start to push it in post. I think the OP was speaking of the video, which unfortunately is stuck at a ridiculously low bit rate, hence the compression visible in all PV+ videos. It would be nice if they could up the bit rate in a firmware update... :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers