DJI Waypoint problems

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the DJI apps waypoint mode? I'll set the path and record it all and when I press start to test if it follows the path correctly it will sometimes drop to like 3 inches off of the ground or go higher than the recorded altitude which is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine is droping to but I stop before it hits the ground poi works fine

Mine is droping to but I stop before it hits the ground poi works fine

It seems like if I turn everything off and on again a few times it'll work but it is very disappointing. All of these updates and they still haven't fixed the RTH landing rough and now this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What altitude are the points set at? Altitude accuracy can vary a lot, particularly after things warm up in flight. This could be normal.

Altitude starts at about 10-20 ft and max of about 50-70 but mostly between 10 and 30 ft.

It seems like if I turn everything off and on again a few times it'll work but it is very disappointing. All of these updates and they still haven't fixed the RTH landing rough and now this.

Still here waiting for dji to get back to me

Reactions: Bull94
That's the problem? Shouldn't it know where the ground is?

It is limited by the accuracy of the barometer. Sub 10ft the ultrasonic sensors may be able to measure more accurately if close to the ground, i dont know. I have never had the VPS turned on. I do know a 10ft discrepency in the barometer is quite often encountered. Turning everything iff and on may make things more accurate as you are effectively recallibrating. I see the biggest variations during the first battery flown. Once things warm up it is much less of an issue. The recorded altitude is always higher than actual when its off.

It is limited by the accuracy of the barometer. Sub 10ft the ultrasonic sensors may be able to measure more accurately if close to the ground, i dont know. I have never had the VPS turned on. I do know a 10ft discrepency in the barometer is quite often encountered. Turning everything iff and on may make things more accurate as you are effectively recallibrating. I see the biggest variations during the first battery flown. Once things warm up it is much less of an issue. The recorded altitude is always higher than actual when its off.

That makes sense. I wonder if it's a good idea to turn on the VPS. I have a bad feeling about it flying over my roof for example and the VPS freaking out and causing it to crash.

Hi bull reinstall the app last night and reformatted the s d card flew this morning everything worked fine waypoint worked good can't be leave it

Hi bull reinstall the app last night and reformatted the s d card flew this morning everything worked fine waypoint worked good can't be leave it

Thank you for the update bobby. I don't know if the app is my problem as I am using a brand new ipad air 2 cellular that artived saturday which I installed the app on. The problem has happened well before I ever got the new ipad however I will try reformatting the card. I have had issues with the card being delayed when pressing record and stopping on it's own mid video when there is still plenty of room (it's a 64GB card). Glad it seems to have worked out for you.

Hi just make sure the app is 2.8.0

Hi just make sure the app is 2.8.0

Thank you for informing me about the app I didn't realize it had an update today. I tested out and had the same issues but I forgot to reformat the sd card I will let you know when I try again.

Hi bull dji wanted me to take out s d card and put it back in and do reset in photo menu did that but didn't see anything change

Hi bull dji wanted me to take out s d card and put it back in and do reset in photo menu did that but didn't see anything change

Thanks for the update bobby. I'll try it, I keep forgetting to test the waypoint the last few times lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr