Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dji waypoint app

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Vippiggie, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Vippiggie

Could anyone please tell me why I cannot get a map to come up on the app display?
    The first 3/4 times a map came up straight away. Now I can only see the plane icon and the range limit.
    I can still set waypoints and fly the route no problem but without being able to see a map.

2. chapsrlz

because you are connected to the phantom wifi and not to your cell/wifi network.

3. D_Tshudy

As chapsrlz said, you need to be connected to the internet to load the maps. Disconnect from the phantom network and either connect to a wifi or cell provider and open the waypoint app. It should download and cache the maps. Zoom in and out and pan around the area you plan to fly so you get all of the data. You only need to do this once.

4. Vippiggie

Thankyou both. I understand now.

5. Mauro Phuket

I've read that you can manage to use 3G cellular data connection even when you're connected to phantom network,
    need to set static IP address (same one you get from phantom in DHCP mode) and specify subnet as 255.255.255.0

Ciao