Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI Warranty

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Solly747, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Solly747

I bought my vision 2+ in February 2015. Only flown 4-5 times with no crashes. Now the camera has failed and needs replacing. At this stage DJI not covering the cost as they say the camera has only got a 6 month warranty. Absolutely pathetic. A new camera replacement will cost over $600. I love flying the phantom but am seriously thinking of selling it and changing brands. I feel I have been betrayed.
    Solly from Australia.

2. fishingal

I had the same problem with my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus and I send it back but it it was probably around 5 month after purchase and they fixed with out any cost.

3. Solly747

Doesn't fill you with confidence when parts are failing with less than 12 months use.

4. MapMaker53

DJI is known for their terrible or non-existent support. I feel for you. i would contact one of the repair service guys who frequent this forum. They give better turn-around time at better prices and go out of there way to make the repair process smooth for you. No way would I give any additional $$$ to DJI for any repair.

5. Solly747

Thanks for the information. At this stage I don't feel as though I should have to pay anything. If I don't get any satisfaction I will go through the Australian Consumer Affairs. I bought the drone as a complete unit with 12 months warranty. The other low act is charging $1200A for a new camera. The whole drone cost $1500A. This is a very bad situation at the moment.

6. griter34

I converted my p2v to a p2v+ for under $500 using eBay parts. Flies great! And I got a lot of satisfaction out of the build. Avoid dji altogether and you'll be happier.