Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI warranty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waternut13134, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Waternut13134

A few weeks ago I bought my phantom 3 at bestbuy but wasn't sure if it would be covered under warranty since Bestbuy wasn't on the authorized reseller list. I emailed DJI and must of gotten a reply and didn't see it,the agent told me no matter where the phantom 3 was purchased it will be covered under warranty. Has DJI made a complete 360 in terms of warranty? Can any authorized vendors check on this? I don't have to worry as I returned it and got an inspire 1 from ritzcamera but figuring with the holidays around the corner that could be some useful information. Thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

The top of the DJI dealers page states otherwise:

"Purchases from unauthorized channels will void any warranty, and repair fees for any such units will be charged in addition to the shipping cost."

3. druss2001

Given the increase in Phantoms and with the holidays coming, I believe that DJI isn't able to update their site with all approved dealers/purchase locations that would keep the warranty intact. For example, loading the dealer page on the DJI website, you will see the message that msinger posted about the warranty (Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Dealers | DJI). If you scroll to the bottom of that page, click the 'find a store' link under the 'Where to buy' section. For me, when I pick Ohio, the DJI site will list Best Buy as a place to purchase the Phantom from. Given that DJI is listing it this way, I believe that the warranty would stay in effect.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Right -- it's okay to buy from Best Buy. However, if you buy from a seller that is not an authorized DJI dealer, DJI might not honor their warranty. That's what they claim on their website.

5. Waternut13134

That's what I thought,but the email said purchased from anywhere. Can I post the email even though there is a note that says it's only between me and DJI?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

I don't think it'll matter since the official DJI website states otherwise.

7. DreamsHD

I bought from a dealer that wasn't authorized and it was still covered by the warranty

8. Bryce

Better have all your repairs done by now. After xmas their support repair times will be quite, quite long I would imagine. We are going to have a LOT of parts available beginning in a couple weeks here. :) Probably enough to make your own DJI drones!

9. NjBill

They have no choice but to warrenty.A manufactures warrenty is against defects doesn't matter were you buy.They just try and scare buyers about buying from authorized dealers

10. sharper4

I did the same thing. Bought from Amazon (non-authorized dealer). It started flying erratically and I sent in with RMA for repairs. Was covered under warranty in about 3 weeks.

11. DreamsHD

Same I bought from the camera box through Amazon, then the battery nearly caught fire while in the phantom. I sent it in with a receipt and they never asked anything else about the dealer.