Dji wants me to send my P3P in. How to uninstall and reinstall firmware?

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dji. They say they want me to send back my bird for the latency and screen freezing issues. 6 weeks wait from check in. I don't know if I should send it in. One thing in the email with recommendations was to uninstall an reinstall the firmware. I know how to reinstall it but not how to uninstall it. Can anyone help me with that?

If this does not work should I really send it in. Are people holding out hope that this might get fixed with a app update and firmware update?

No way to back out the current firmware "update". They told you to drive a car into the garage and the car has no reverse. I'm in the same boat with you, along with about 55% of the current P3 owners.

Don't be discouraged by the trolls in this forum who will be along shortly to tell you that it's all your fault or you did something wrong...you didn't. They're just trolls so ignore them.

One thing in the email with recommendations was to uninstall an reinstall the firmware.
This is not possible. If the firmware on your memory card is older than what's installed, it will not be installed. And, if it's the same version, it will not be installed either.

With that said, there is technically a way to roll back the firmware. People are apparently doing it here.

What kind of device are you using?

Last edited:
This is not possible. If the firmware on your memory card is older than what's installed, it will not be installed. And, if it's the same version, it will not be installed either.

With that said, there is technically a way to roll back the firmware. People are apparently doing it here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-1-2.html

What kind of device are you using?
I am using a IPad mini 2. Thanks for your advice.

IIRC, several professional programmers/P3 owners tested that theory and found that the poster was full of baloney. There were no successful rollbacks and this was just another in a long line of myths.

I think that this could be done for sure, but I don't know if the guy on the DJI forum is a scam. Reverse engineering the whole process it's very difficult and time consuming.
DJI could have done an executable that reset the system starting from Ambarella that permit a fresh fw flashing (same or older one). I think that if many P3x having issue due to fw update, would be reset, a new fw flash could resolve the issue.
I just wonder why this reset-firmware bin, if exists, is not distributed at user request from DJI...

I just got back from 2 successful flights. I had the wifi on my iPad mini 2 shut off and for the first time I fully turned off my cell phone that I keep in my pants pocket. I don't know if it is just a fluke that it worked or if others are having inconstant result as well. Thanks for all the hints you all gave me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl