DJI Vision iPhone update is live

Reaction score
I just finished a 12 minute flight with the new version 1.0.48. I used the pitch up/down, autopitch, ground station flight, and RTH from the app. The only time I lost connection was during the 1000m ground station flight.

I can say the update is solid on the iPhone 6 plus.

Spiritskeeper said:
I just finished a 12 minute flight with the new version 1.0.48. I used the pitch up/down, autopitch, ground station flight, and RTH from the app. The only time I lost connection was during the 1000m ground station flight.

what firmware on the phantom itself?

In my case it was not working on 3.08 and that is the latest one so glad its there.
It works for me also. IPhone 4S.

1st_time_flyer said:
Spiritskeeper said:

if we are talking about the newest update, the one that is supposed to fix all the problems, then my experience this evening was a severe disappointment.

It couldn't find the phantom, then it did, then it didnt, then it did but even though i was just 10ft away from the quad and it was still on the ground, the video feed went black and white then patchy then froze, at this point i switched back to the Android app (the new version is buggy as hell so im switching back to the old version)

Which idiot put the N/A bar right across the time count for the video recording, cant tell if its a 6 or an 8.

Mine works solid. My setup is stock 2 Vision, stock extender and remote without mods (yet) and an iPhone 6 plus.

The one from DJI, ha ha
This is the problem with them, they put out new firmware without checking it on their phones first.
They probably call them Engineers, software developers....

Which idiot put the N/A bar right across the time count for the video recording, cant tell if its a 6 or an 8.[/quote]

1st_time_flyer said:

3.08 MC
I will have to lookup the rest when I get home. I was one of the 'lucky' ones that got the 3.10 update. There was more than the MC firmware so it could be I have the other controllers updated to new firmware that you need to make 1.0.48 work. You can download the 3.10 version of the assistant and it will not download the 3.10 firmware with it since DJI pulled it.

Spiritskeeper said:

How do you get 1000m? Mine cuts out around 1200 feet.

I didn't have connection to the bird during the far points of that flight. I set the waypoints and hit go. The bird is autonomous during ground station flights.

Autonomous may be the wrong word. The bird is semi autonomous. It goes where you tell it.

I downloaded the Updated App for Android and iOS ..but flew this am with the Android on my Galaxy Tab and every time I landed it said I had to recalibrate the compass?
Any one else experience this? Not sure what is going on.

R4boat said:
every time I landed it said I had to recalibrate the compass?
Any one else experience this? Not sure what is going on.

Just a question. Are you flying in a different area than usual? Different buildings?. It does seem odd you don't get the warning before takeoff, and only on landing.

Spiritskeeper said:
I didn't have connection to the bird during the far points of that flight. I set the waypoints and hit go. The bird is autonomous during ground station flights.

Autonomous may be the wrong word. The bird is semi autonomous. It goes where you tell it.
Do you use the GS on ipad? I use it all the time, most of th time actually on my iPhone and it seems to have a 1500 or so foot limit.

ccase39 said:
Do you use the GS on ipad? I use it all the time, most of th time actually on my iPhone and it seems to have a 1500 or so foot limit.

Just my iPhone 6 with the DJI Vision app. I forgot to turn on assistive touch so Shou did not record my phone screen. My first waypoint was 2357 ft from home. The manual says max mission distance is 5000m or 3 miles.

Check your limits under the assistant. Advanced --> Limits. This makes a cylinder to help contain the bird. When I first started I had it set to 150ft height and 500m distance. Now it is set to 300ft and 1000m distance. Next step is 600ft and 1500m. It may be that you are being limited to those distances.

My only problem with the 1.0.48 update is the Location Service. I use an IPhone 5S running ios 8.1.3.

When I go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services/ON: I see the DJI APP. The permission is blank. I select the option for "Always". I leave the setting menu. If I start the Phantom . fly it , it will not enable the dynamic home point. The reason is if I go back into the phone settings the location service for the DJI App is blank again. I tried this 12 times and the same results. The "Always" option the app's location service keeps going blank.

Any clues would be appreciated. I restarted the phone several times and even reloaded the APP.

Mine stays turned on. Have you updated through to 8.1.3 or did you clean install? When you update through several dot updates this will happen sometimes. Go to iTunes and so a complete encrypted backup, do the encrypted so it will backup passwords as well as settings. Then do a restore of 8.1.3. This will wipe your phone and install 8.1.3 and then put back your apps and passwords. You may find it fixes a few things you didn't know was wrong.

I have updated my phone through the years as the updates were available. I think I would be afraid to do a clean install merely for the reason of my lack of knowledge about the phone. I personally hate iTunes with a passion. Every time I go to use it I do something wrong. LOL.

It could be the ios that is causing the problem but I do no believe so.. The DJI APP is the only app that has this location issue. All other apps that use the location service work well and keep their respective settings. What I did notice is when you select "Always" for the DJI app in the location services, it retains its setting until you open the DJI Vision APP. Every time I open the Vision App it removes the "Always" check mark in the location services . The work around is to start the DJI Vision app first, then go to the phones location services and then select "Always". The "Always" setting then is kept in the location services. At this point the DJI Vision app now uses your location. If you close the Vision App and then reopen it the "Always" check mark in location service is gone again.

scuba502 said:
My only problem with the 1.0.48 update is the Location Service. I use an IPhone 5S running ios 8.1.3.

When I go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services/ON: I see the DJI APP. The permission is blank. I select the option for "Always". I leave the setting menu. If I start the Phantom . fly it , it will not enable the dynamic home point. The reason is if I go back into the phone settings the location service for the DJI App is blank again. I tried this 12 times and the same results. The "Always" option the app's location service keeps going blank.

Any clues would be appreciated. I restarted the phone several times and even reloaded the APP.

Mine is the same, my set up is the same except for an iPhone 6 rather than 5S.
I have found that as long as I stay in the "Camera" section of the app the location stays, so ground station and dynamic are OK as long as I don't leave "Camera."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1