DJI Vision Camera - Scratch resistance

Reaction score
I'm curious about how scratch resistant the camera on the Phantom 2 Vision is. Does it have any scratch resistance? Today I had it sitting in grass a bit, not that it would scratch it, but don't think I'll do that again considering the replacement cost of this camera is $500.

Mostly, I'm hoping for a: "It's pretty darn tough to scratch" answer so I can set my mind at ease.

Thanks for any info.

Im not planning on taking anymore chances with it. As soon as the lens filter mount comes out I will be running a UV filter up front at all times.

This is the reason I always take of from a clean sheet of cardboard, and grab it out of the air for landing. On one of my first flights I had taken off from a spot of the driveway than the snow had been swept off. The pictures had foggy spots in them. Sure enough, there were water spots on the lens where the props had kicked up damp snow and it melted on the lens. Taking off from a dry surface would kick up dust that could do long term damage.

Hey guys,newbie here, but long time photographer.
i have to agree with the filter statement,as soon as thats available its a must have item for peace of mind ;)
Also thats a good point that mikeON made about the dust,as i live in a very dusty dry area(australia)i am very worried about dust destroying the sensor.
Already after 5 flights there is dust penetrating every crevice of the phantom and that pretty white color quickly turns to red :x

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl