Dji Vision App

Reaction score
I have just discovered that the Android version of the app obliterates my phone battery. Presumably because GPS and WiFi are both on. Sadly this was simply because I was tinkering with the app in bed last night. The proof came this morning when my alarm didn't go off due to dead phone battery.

What I was try to figure out was how to get photos and videos from the P2V to my phone, which doesn't seem to work.

Anyhow, looks like you must kill the ap off when done, how to pull files onton phone remains a mystery.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have a Google Nexus 5 (which has only average battery life according to all reviews) and have flown my Vision for up to three hours in a day whilst practicing (I have two batteries!). I have had no phone battery issues; on that day the phone started off at 100% battery in the morning and finished at 20% in the evening. BUT I don't have GPS turned on on the phone.

And yes, I back out of the app when I'm not flying the Phantom.

As to the transfer of photos and videos to my phone I first transfer the images to my PC, then sync them to my phone using Mobisynapse

Seahorse said:
I have just discovered that the Android version of the app obliterates my phone battery. Presumably because GPS and WiFi are both on. Sadly this was simply because I was tinkering with the app in bed last night. The proof came this morning when my alarm didn't go off due to dead phone battery.

What I was try to figure out was how to get photos and videos from the P2V to my phone, which doesn't seem to work.

Anyhow, looks like you must kill the ap off when done, how to pull files onton phone remains a mystery.

For what I know, you don't have to have GPS on, on you phone! The GPS are handled by the Phantom.

I open the Find my drone map, pretty sure it enables GPS

Seahorse said:
I open the Find my drone map, pretty sure it enables GPS

Yes maybe that function needs the GPS, but to control your PV and have FPV you don't need the GPS.

Klaus said:
For what I know, you don't have to have GPS on, on you phone! The GPS are handled by the Phantom.
When you set HOME the NAZA memorizes its takeoff coordinates and makes that the center of your Radar display. As the pilot usually doesn't move from his location, this works quite well. If you rotate about your position, your phone's compass is used to update the Vision's vector w/respect to you. If you yaw the aircraft, the Vision's GPS is used to update the nose of the arrow in your Vision app. I think the only time your phone or tablet might utilize its built-in GPS is if you've lost the WiFi link to your Vision and open the Find My Phantom Vision map. But if your iPod, iPad, or tablet doesn't have GPS, then it will use a combo of Compass and last valid WiFi router location information to figure out where you are. The dot of the Vision will be its last known coordinates as reported by the NAZA to the Vision app.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Klaus said:
But if your iPod, iPad, or tablet doesn't have GPS, then it will use a combo of Compass and last valid WiFi router location information to figure out where you are.
The app will almost certainly just query the Android geolocation API and that will abstract all the detail away. The app might request an accuracy level but it will always be a 'best guess' of the user's location based on the situation and hardware/network hints available at the time.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/location/strategies.html

GPS is not a battery killer. Does your battery stat show the DJI app to be the big draw? I use a nexus 7 and have not had significant battery drain. There have been plenty of reports of iPhone having large battery drains.

No issues here with the app on Android and to copy pics and video just go to album in the app and hit the blue button at the top right then select the videos you want and hit the button

Sent from my S4

There may be other apps on your phone running which have drained your battery. Android is not very user friendly when it comes to closing down apps or even knowing what is running, even some of the Task Killer type apps do not report correctly. I agree with the others that having GPS on/off should not massively affect your battery.

DJI recommends closing down the app at the end of each flight and I am intrigued as to why they think this is necessary as I have left it running overnight between flights and it just seems to reconnect itself when I establish the wifi link.

Nexus 4 here running vanilla android KitKat. Whilst it doesn't exactly sip from the battery on mine, the DJI app doesn't munch through it like you are reporting.

If your battery stats show it's the DJI app taking the vast majority of your battery then it might be worth clearing the app's cache and data and then uninstalling and starting afresh and see if that helps.

iResq said:
GPS is not a battery killer. Does your battery stat show the DJI app to be the big draw? I use a nexus 7 and have not had significant battery drain. There have been plenty of reports of iPhone having large battery drains.

System is worst culprit @ 74% , GPS is under that. Note to self, stop app when finished....

Re: Dji Vision App - Youtube share fails

Does anyone have any issues sharing to youtube from the Vision app ?? ...... seems fine to Facebook ... but when app calls youtube on my samsung S4 the youtube interface starts, but then just drops out ??

I wont even mention the chinese map for locations in album :)

Oh yes and hello everybody am another new cadet earning my P2V stripes !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj