DJI Vision App

Reaction score
I ran the update for the P2V iPhone app. Now each and every time I swipe to the ground station portion the app crashes. What's up with that? Has anyone contacted the app programmers at DJI? Anyone got any ideas?

I ran the update for the P2V iPhone app. Now each and every time I swipe to the ground station portion the app crashes. What's up with that? Has anyone contacted the app programmers at DJI? Anyone got any ideas?
Mike is this the screen you can't get to before the app crash's ? Vision app update issues | DJI Phantom Forum This was on my Mini 2 but also tried it on my 5C and it's not crashing . I am trying to figure out what the differences are between our set ups.

i get exactly the same problem. as a software developer, this is definitely a bug in the last update.

i get exactly the same problem. as a software developer, this is definitely a bug in the last update.
When I tried it in the house I had no sats . It never crashed . I just took mine outside so It would pick up some and mine did exactly as everyone says . As soon as I swiped that was it . So much for testing ..eh :)

I also sent an email to the DJI support. I received confirmation they received it. Hopefully we will see an update that fixes this issue soon. I hope to hear back from them soon. I am sure they've had several emails as this seems to be a problem for everyone.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to check if anyone has any idea why i can't find DJI Vision app on my phone - Galaxy S5 Active.

It's not installed?

Sorry if i wasn't clear. I bought a DJI Vision from a friend and I'm looking for the app DJI Vision from the app store (android), but i can't find it. It's not installed on my phone.

I tried it and it says "dii-vision" could not be downloaded due to an error. (940).

I'm having this same issue on IOS when connected to my phantom 2 vision. If I try to access ground station it crashes. But if I'm not connected to my phantom 2 vision I can access ground station without the dji vision app crashing

Reactions: CHAP
Same issue, I phoned DJI support and didn't get any assistance. The "tech" said he had read some issues of the same sort but the only solution he offered was to uninstall and reinstall the app or use a non-IOS device. He also said that all DJI efforts were on the Vision 3 and he didn't know if they would fix the Vision 2 issues. I did mention to the "tech" that there are a lot of us out there with the Vision 2 and that DJI shouldn't leave us in the dark. He had no comment. I am hopeful that an update will be coming, but I am not confident. Now I am left with manual flights only and it doesn't make getting good camera shots easy.

Same issue, I phoned DJI support and didn't get any assistance. The "tech" said he had read some issues of the same sort but the only solution he offered was to uninstall and reinstall the app or use a non-IOS device. He also said that all DJI efforts were on the Vision 3 and he didn't know if they would fix the Vision 2 issues. I did mention to the "tech" that there are a lot of us out there with the Vision 2 and that DJI shouldn't leave us in the dark. He had no comment. I am hopeful that an update will be coming, but I am not confident. Now I am left with manual flights only and it doesn't make getting good camera shots easy.

Chap,

Which support centre did you contact, I am in the UK so have to contact the Netherlands, they denied all knowledge that removal of support for the P2v+ was imminent and said they were working on a 'fix' for the issues! Its a bit of a joke really!

The app is not fit for purpose, so the P2V+ is not functioning as advertised either! The whole thing is very frustrating. If anyone from DJI reads this, sort it out, its disgusting that your loyal customer base is treated in this way. £850 is a very large investment for most people, yet you cant even be arsed to admit there is an issue. In this day and age that is truly shocking customer support. Lets not forget who made DJI successful, they can quite easily turn their back on you and walk away...

Guys, DJI has acknowledged this issue but has failed to dedicate resources to resolve this software bug, I even inquired about restoring the previous working version but they refuse. My assumption is that older models tend to fall to the waist side when it comes to support

Xpost from the P2V+ thread but it applies to you guys too...

Guys, after a bit of pressure asking for confirmation from DJI about the continuing support for the P2V+ and Vision application...this is what I received back from DJI Support. I should say that my original conversation was with the Europe Support but they escalated it after I asked some challenging questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear (Me),

This is Sophie from DJI HQ Tech Support team.

The crash problem is a known issue and our R&D engineer is working on a new version APP to fix this problem.
Please kindly keep an eye on our website for the update.
There are still many customers who are using our Phantom 2 series product, DJI would not drop support for the P2V+ or the Vision App.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take what you want from that reply, personally I am going to go with a third party SDK based app like Autoflight Logic and continue to use the P2V+ like I always have. If the Vision app ever gets sorted out properly then fine, but I would like to try some of the added functionality of the SDK stuff anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj