DJI vision app updated...

Mori55 said:
Dumb question do you have unzip the camera file ? When u try to extract the fes it wants to know what program to use. I change the file name and loaded to the card but it didn't work.
Here is what is on the DJI website forum
http://youtu.be/_euOoNTqIhU

Well, Dirk, at least DJI is saying their software is crap and needs a fix. Why would anyone want to use it when it is bad?

For the camera update - refer to the link provided above. The just of it is you download the zip file, extract the .bin file, rename it to remove the extra periods from the version number so it looks something like xxxxxx.bin, copy it to the root of the camera's memory card, and power up the phantom. Keep your fingers crossed and hope you eventually get a solid green light on the camera. When the update is finished, the camera renames the xxxxxxx.bin with a .bak extension and you can delete it.

I've been shying away from installing new apps and firmware for quite a while. Things have been going so well lately, that my false sense of security pushed me into updating the IOS App. I take it there's new firmware coming out so the firmware will work properly, or is there also an updated IOS App coming out? Freakin' DJI QA... You gotta love those pointy headed, incompetent propeller heads... :roll:

-slinger

I might not have updated if it had been my choice, but my Vision app auto-updated and it left me with some funkiness (lag) in my camera FPV. I had to do something, so rather than going back to a previous app version, I just went ahead and updated the camera firmware. Now I'm using the new app with the new firmware. Everything's working just fine. Can't say I see any improvement based on only two 15 minute flights, but certainly no performance or reliability problems.

Dont forget to rename the update file when you put it on the microSD. It wont install if you don't. Also, dont forget to delete the .bak file when the update is complete.

My problem is my laptop won't extract the files. Anyway someone could extract the files and post it ? My old laptop is a pos. the reason I have it is for this.

Upgrading to Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g appeared fixed my app issue. Thanks all for your tips.

hey guys, just did further research on how to upgrade the firmware for your FC200 cam

this is for DJI phantom 2 Vision +

download the latest firmware (firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin) from the dji website.

make SURE to rename "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" to "firmware_plus.bin"

Spent 30 mins trying to figure this out.. ridiculous, no proper instructions online.

Jpooner808 said:
Upgrading to Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g appeared fixed my app issue. Thanks all for your tips.

Just updated.. still crashing when I click on 'camera' on the app. ARgh!

Why are people using this?! It is defective!

Happyflyer said:
Why are people using this?! It is defective!

I upgraded because the new Vision app wasn 't working well with the older camera firmware. I decided to just upgrade the firmeware instead of reinstalling the old app. Installation went fine, everything works great.

MacCool said:
I might not have updated if it had been my choice, but my Vision app auto-updated and it left me with some funkiness (lag) in my camera FPV. I had to do something, so rather than going back to a previous app version, I just went ahead and updated the camera firmware. Now I'm using the new app with the new firmware. Everything's working just fine. Can't say I see any improvement based on only two 15 minute flights, but certainly no performance or reliability problems.

Dont forget to rename the update file when you put it on the microSD. It wont install if you don't. Also, dont forget to delete the .bak file when the update is complete.

would help if you would tell us what kind of bird you did this on....+ or non +

1st_time_flyer said:

The update is only for the PLUS version of the Phantom Vision, I did look at the download page for the standard vision and there isn't an update just the same 1.19 that's been out for a while.

Not sure why you would need to change the name, I didn't need to on the Vision when I updated that.

crash1sttime said:
1st_time_flyer said:

The update is only for the PLUS version of the Phantom Vision, I did look at the download page for the standard vision and there isn't an update just the same 1.19 that's been out for a while.

Not sure why you would need to change the name, I didn't need to on the Vision when I updated that.

ahh I see thanks crash! Just hard to follow what everyone is flying when their referring to updating their bird....so the app was the only updated for our non +s correct?

There seems to be two, maybe three problems here that needs inmediate attention by DJI....

First is to release a firmware update for the Camera in the Standar Vision. That will stop the app from crashing everytime you tilt the camera (up/down) Like they did with the vision+. Second is to release an update for the phanton 2 Vision and Vision+ via Software assistant to enable the new features in the app. Hence the reason why we keep seeing the N/A top right corner.. Untill they do that, the IOS App is useless for us Phanton 2 standar vision owners... or for the new features to work for Vision+ owners... Someone at DJI screwed up and screwed up real bad.. by releasing one before the other...

ViperNuke said:
There seems to be two, maybe three problems here that needs inmediate attention by DJI....

First is to release a firmware update for the Camera in the Standar Vision. That will stop the app from crashing everytime you tilt the camera (up/down) Like they did with the vision+. Second is to release an update for the phanton 2 Vision and Vision+ via Software assistant to enable the new features in the app. Hence the reason why we keep seeing the N/A top right corner.. Untill they do that, the IOS App is useless for us Phanton 2 standar vision owners... or for the new features to work for Vision+ owners... Someone a DJI screwed up and screwed up real bad.. by releasing one before the other...
Ah, HA!
Another DJI mess up!

Mori55 said:
Larry L said:
Mori55 said:
Dumb question do you have unzip the camera file ? When u try to extract the fes it wants to know what program to use. I change the file name and loaded to the card but it didn't work.
Here is what is on the DJI website forum
http://youtu.be/_euOoNTqIhU
that looks nothing like I see after I downloaded it.
Mori, that was on the DJI forum website. I had to change the ending of the firmware like others have said & it loaded right up.

Happyflyer said:
ViperNuke said:

First is to release a firmware update for the Camera in the Standar Vision. That will stop the app from crashing everytime you tilt the camera (up/down) Like they did with the vision+. Second is to release an update for the phanton 2 Vision and Vision+ via Software assistant to enable the new features in the app. Hence the reason why we keep seeing the N/A top right corner.. Untill they do that, the IOS App is useless for us Phanton 2 standar vision owners... or for the new features to work for Vision+ owners... Someone a DJI screwed up and screwed up real bad.. by releasing one before the other...
Ah, HA!
Another DJI mess up!

ahh you don't say....to be brutally honest i'm getting tired of the complete disregard to common sense that this company is showing with anything that has to do with their products.....

Has anyone noticed on the new app version, there is a slider for GPS signal notice? It is right above FPV slider. I did not notice it before. I looked in the manual but did not see it in there. I tried to see if it had something to do with trying to start with less than 6 satellites but as soon as I started everything, I was picking up 6-7 satellites in my house. I have never been able to get that many before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 453

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr