DJI vision app updated...

Reaction score
Just noticed that I have an update to the Vision app thru iTunes and was wondering if it was ok to download it and if anyone had any issues with flying after doing the upgrade....the version is...1.0.46

Update notes:

1. New added Safe to Fly Warning feature to notify user not to take off until enough GPS is acquired.
2. Display Aircraft Rear LED on the DJI Vision app to help user to obtain aircraft status.
3. New added in-app user manuals download feature.
4. Upgrade range extender to use a mobile data network while connecting to your Phantom.

#4... say what? Maybe it just means they updated the gateway so the iPhone will know to use mobile data for mapping (which can be done now by simply modifying the AP on your iPhone and removing the gateway IP address)

Morgon said:
Update notes:

1. New added Safe to Fly Warning feature to notify user not to take off until enough GPS is acquired.
2. Display Aircraft Rear LED on the DJI Vision app to help user to obtain aircraft status.
3. New added in-app user manuals download feature.
4. Upgrade range extender to use a mobile data network while connecting to your Phantom.

#4... say what? Maybe it just means they updated the gateway so the iPhone will know to use mobile data for mapping (which can be done now by simply modifying the AP on your iPhone and removing the gateway IP address)

#4 is also the one that threw me for a loop and the reason why I am hesitant to upgrade the app.....why would I want the range extender to use my data network?

The range extender doesn't have the hardware to do that, so it's definitely a misleading line. I'm like 93% sure they mean that they've changed the network assignment so that your device can access the data network by default.

Maybe this is a fix for a glitch I noticed with my iPhone. I would loose wifi signal even as I stood three feet away.

well i'll let you guys update the app and take it out for some flights and report back before I go ahead and download it ;)

OK so from what i understand. Now you dont have to disconect the phantom wifi in order to load maps for groun station use?

I just updated the app on my iPad mini 2, then cold booted it. I have had quite a few app crashes since the update a few hours ago. I did NOT update my range extender though. I will do that next and see if I still get app crashes. These happened while the P2V+ was sitting inside with no props. Just playing with the settings in the app. Anyone else had app crashes?

amorrison said:
I just updated the app on my iPad mini 2, then cold booted it. I have had quite a few app crashes since the update a few hours ago. I did NOT update my range extender though. I will do that next and see if I still get app crashes. These happened while the P2V+ was sitting inside with no props. Just playing with the settings in the app. Anyone else had app crashes?
I had two crashes on my iPad mini too since updated. I was out ready to fly. I would start the app & it would start & then like time out & go to my home screen. I just restarted it with no problems. What are you talking about range extender too? Is there a update for that too or just the app?

dirkclod said:
Well I would now but drizzle has just turned to rain :roll:
I really have only used the ground station a few times and already got maps in my phone and have not loaded this update to the Mini which is what I always use and that would be the only way I think to check that . You try ;)
Don't you know what a umbrella is? :lol:

Ok, updated the range extender also, rebooted, still get frequent app crashes. Ipad Mini 2 wifi only running IOS 8.1.2. (Under settings in the new app there is an item to update the range extender to use the network. I selected it, and it returned "Update Successful - restarting range extender.) I did it again after rebooting but it did not say no update required or anything, just got the same message about update successful... hmmm.

dirkclod said:
Larry L said:
dirkclod said:
Well I would now but drizzle has just turned to rain :roll:
I really have only used the ground station a few times and already got maps in my phone and have not loaded this update to the Mini which is what I always use and that would be the only way I think to check that . You try ;)
Don't you know what a umbrella is? :lol:
Won't fit on my bird ;)
Ok a poncho then :D

Just got the update on my android. Weather isn't good for a few days so I'm grounded :(

hi all

I just updated my app (iOS on iphone 6+) today, and after I linked up the phone with the wifi extender, and clicked on 'camera', the entire app crashes. Basically the app for me is now broke (previous version is okay). Any fixes for this issue?
1) I have rebooted the phone, same problem
2) deleted the app, and did a new install, same problem.
3) this problem has happened on another iphone that I have tested.

I have a DJI phantom 2 Vision+, Any suggestions?

After upgrade, the iOS app shows the LED status at the top. Not sure what it means but there it is....LEDEvent Startup_T1

Attachments

• IMG_1493.PNG
    IMG_1493.PNG
    599.1 KB · Views: 564
wolfain said:
hi all

I just updated my app (iOS on iphone 6+) today, and after I linked up the phone with the wifi extender, and clicked on 'camera', the entire app crashes. Basically the app for me is now broke (previous version is okay). Any fixes for this issue?
1) I have rebooted the phone, same problem
2) deleted the app, and did a new install, same problem.
3) this problem has happened on another iphone that I have tested.

I have a DJI phantom 2 Vision+, Any suggestions?
I had it crash twice yesterday after upgrading on my ipad mini. I am going to try today after. I shut everything down &hopefully it will work today.

Ok so i figured it out.. Now, if you are using a Mobile Device thats connected to a network(GSM/Cellular) Like an iPhone/android or iPad+Cellular and you want to load maps for ground station. You don't have to disconnect from the Phantom wifi. As for the led status, I'm not sure but, it works fine when yo are using a phone and not a tablet.

I'm using the new update. It has fixed a photo transfer issue I was having on IOS, that seemed to be a conflict with some other app, as a wiped phone with just the DJI app never had the issue.

But now, I'm getting a crash every time I tilt the gimbal. Also a few random crashes, but tilting the gimbal is a guaranteed crash of the app. Hope they patch this soon.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers