DJI Vision APP question

Reaction score
On the Vision App...there is a location map that will display where your photos were taken...anyone know how to correct that location to reflect my correct location (instead of showing me in China!)....
??

thanks!
J

I have the same problem , but what i noticed is that only the pictures shows the China location but the videos have the correct location .

Mine shows the correct location (USA) without me having done anything special to it except fly it. Have you started it up and gotten at least 6 satellites to achieve Home Lock yet?

MikeON said:
Mine shows the correct location (USA) without me having done anything special to it except fly it. Have you started it up and gotten at least 6 satellites to achieve Home Lock yet?

yes - flew yesterday with GPS & & 8 satellites. Still shows location in China.

Make sure you have GPS enabled on your smart device and then view the map. It cares not about GPS & sat lock on the phantom as it's using your devices' inbuilt GPS.

Handy hint for anyone getting an Apple tablet, if you get the wi-FI only one, it doesn't have an active GPS. If you get the WI-FI & cell one, it has an active GPS even if you don't activate the sim card aspect of the device

Studiowise said:
Make sure you have GPS enabled on your smart device and then view the map. It cares not about GPS & sat lock on the phantom as it's using your devices' inbuilt GPS.

I think that fixed it....enabling the gps on the phone....but the language is still in Chinese, any ideas on that??

:ugeek:

Hey guys.....a follow-up DJI App question....

Is it necessary to have security settings for the Wi-Fi link b/w my phone and the Vision camera link?

can more than one device link to the Phantom Wi-I at the Same Time?? This could be good for others to view what it sees on a Tablet. etc.

Thanks!
Happy Flying!
:geek:

There is no option to secure the link.

As an aside, I recall news articles years ago saying how the Taliban were able to monitor the Predator drone footage due to the US disabling the encryption on that footage transmitted from the drone to the controllers who viewed the footage. Why? The story mentioned that the encryption negatively impacted (greatly slowed down) the real time viewing of the footage. time it took to encrypt/decrypt was too long....

duckdogs007 said:
can more than one device link to the Phantom Wi-I at the Same Time?? This could be good for others to view what it sees on a Tablet. etc.
Only 1 device can connect to the Vision RE at a time.
The only way to work around this currently is Goggles with HD imputs (cables) or a external monitor, that works with your specific device. Allowing another viewer to see the FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20