DJI Vision App Does not Display Map Only a Grid

Reaction score
I am a pretty new flyer, but I have flown a couple of automated flights with my Phantom 2 Vision+, but that was a couple of months ago. Using the DJI Vision app on my iPhone, and swiping left to the ground station view, I see the Phantom icon, but the map is not beneath it. It is just a grid. Pinching in or out doesn't do anything to bring the details of a map in view. When I switch to the hybrid view the background is gray.

If I turn off the Phantom, I get the Phantom connection signal is lost message, but not the standard or hybrid map is visible. This has happened some time in the last couple of months. All me firmware and software appears to be up to date.

I have attached a couple of figures.
I am a pretty new flyer, but I have flown a couple of automated flights with my Phantom 2 Vision+, but that was a couple of months ago. Using the DJI Vision app on my iPhone, and swiping left to the ground station view, I see the Phantom icon, but the map is not beneath it. It is just a grid. Pinching in or out doesn't do anything to bring the details of a map in view. When I switch to the hybrid view the background is gray.

If I turn off the Phantom, I get the Phantom connection signal is lost message, but not the standard or hybrid map is visible. This has happened some time in the last couple of months. All me firmware and software appears to be up to date.

I have attached a couple of figures.

Attachments

• DJI Vision StdMap-2.jpg
    DJI Vision StdMap-2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • DJI Hybrid Map.jpg
    DJI Hybrid Map.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,293
  • DJI Vision Std Map Phantom off.jpg
    DJI Vision Std Map Phantom off.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,176
If you connect your phone to wifi at home and then open GS then the map will populate (it uses google maps) press the circle on the left and it will move to your home point, pinch and zoom to move closer, this will cache the map to the GS program and the maps will be available when you go outside to fly, FYI I have cached most of the UK into my app so I can use GS wherever I am

Take a look here too. You can change your settings on your phone to get internet while connected to the extender.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16830

There was some talk after one of the recent updates that it might work without having to change anything but I haven't seen any confirmation.

it kind of works, i did a test on my iphone 4 whilst in the field, you can indeed open GS and download maps but for some reason it was incredibly slow at doing so, even zooming in took an age, take my advice and download all the maps you need whilst connected to your home wifi unless your on that new fangled 4g thing

I'm still having problems caching maps for use when I fly. Trying to follow the suggestions above, here is what I did.
1. Connected my iPhone 5s to my home WiFi.
2. Started the DJI Ground Station app.
3. The map of the entire US appears.
4. I press the white circle on the left, and nothing happens.
5. I manually zoom/pan to get to my current location (my home) and press the circle again. Nothing happens.
6. I manually pan/zoom to a flight site, and press the white circle again.

Now when I went to fly at the flight site of Step 6 with the Phantom on, I get the display I posted above. I turn off the Phantom and begin using the cell towers. Google maps come up and show my current position. At this point, I turned the Phantom back on, but I did not lose the maps. I was able to put in waypoints and fly a simple mission.

I have not tried yet, the hack suggested by someone above.

I'm assuming that I was using the cached map data that I had just acquired at the flight site and not data I had tried to cache from home. Step 3 and 4 appear to indicate that I never cached any data at home.

What am I missing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik