Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI VISION APP broke still!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Fourprops, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Fourprops

You better watch out you better not fly don't know what but something ain't right DJI has screwed up again!

rmiii likes this.
  2. snerd

Well that's very informative. Can you narrow it down a little? Some specific examples?

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Something to do with iOS9? Like Snerd says, we'll need more details to understand your message. ;)

UPDATE: I closed your duplicate post. One post per topic is all thats needed.

Since it is iOS related have you hard reset your device? Also, have you tried deleting the app, rebooting your device and then re-installing the app?

dirkclod likes this.
  4. Fourprops

Well it shuts down right after I set my way points I have 10 SATS IOS 9.02 and the recent update today.

Sorry for trying to be funny

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Have you tried what I suggested? It may clear up your issue.

dirkclod likes this.
  6. Fourprops

Yes just did now to satisfy the process of elimination IOS 9 all current. iPhone 6 plus worked great before these updates.

7. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I have not yet updated (jailbroken) so I can't try it. I saw another member complaining that Ground Station for iPad wasn't working correctly either on iOS9. Is it a DJI issue as they need to keep the apps up to date with the iOS. I hope they continue to support the older & legacy models as time goes on.

dirkclod likes this.
  8. Fourprops

Yes and no luck.

9. Fourprops

Yeah me too! I'm going back to my WKM F550 and may give up on the p2 and my p3p my F 550 has always worked well

10. rmiii

I am having same problem as before ...no live video. I do have the ability to see pictures on the app now in the folder.
    Still not right Fix it DJI

Fourprops likes this.
  11. ViperNuke

Everything works fine untill you swipe to ground station.. Looks like DJI broke the GS part of the app on purpose... DJI vision app has become useless.. Luckily i was able to go back to 1.0.48 and GS still work on that app - iOS 9.2 0 issues.

12. BlackTracer

The app update on android says "If you want to use ground station, please ensure both main controller and central board firmware have been updated to the latest version using assistant 3.00"

I would suspect the iOS version would require the same. Have you done that? Just sayin'.

13. Fourprops

Yup that's my situation .. Lucky you are able to go back.

14. Fourprops

Yeah went thru the whole setup process from scratch this morning on the controller and the phantom. Deleted the app hard reset iPhone rebooted iPhone and installed app. Also I rebound the extender too. And still no change or improvement. Very bummed!!!!

15. BlackTracer

So it is just ground station that doesnt work on an iPhone with iOS 9.2.0. Why don't you edit the thread title to indicate that. You might get some better feedback that way.

16. Fourprops

I don't know if it pertains to an android phone or not since, I do not have one that's why I titled it the way I did.

17. marg2

Dji vision app 1.0.52 no grond station on ios8.0 nor on 9.0 dji released new gicing on 1.0.53 it wont work on ground station back to 1.0.48 if u can

18. marg2

Look at reviews on itunes app

19. ViperNuke

It has nothing to do with the ios version(8.1,8.4,9.1,9)you are using.... or app version 1.0.52 or .53.. GS still Crash... This has something to do with the APP itself.... App 1.0.48 and below works fine on any IOS version.. Im using IOS version 9.1 Beta 4 and app 1.0.48 works without any issues. So the problem is the new app/code. Nothing to do with IOS... DJI broke the GS... PERIOD.

Fourprops likes this.
  20. marg2

Better can't be said, thank viper. At leadt dji is trying by releasig a bad update .53

Fourprops likes this.