DJI Vision Android App Update

Don't forget -- 1.0.39 defaults to preview at 640x480 at 30fps... Before downgrading try reducing that back to the max of 15fps that existed before, or lower. The lower the preview setting, the better it'll work.

Oh, by the way, anyone else notice that the camera view screen will no longer flip with device orientation?, my iPhone will but the Nexus will no longer rotate the camera screen after the update to .39, which sucks for me because the the sunshade Velcro is now on the wrong side.

gpauk said:
Don't forget -- 1.0.39 defaults to preview at 640x480 at 30fps... Before downgrading try reducing that back to the max of 15fps that existed before, or lower. The lower the preview setting, the better it'll work.

I have tried EVERY setting on the phone and rebooted phone and app after every change and its still utter rubbish. Just read the comments about the same issue from more and more people DJI need to pull their fingers out of their bottoms and sort it or I will take my P2V+ order and tell them where to put it.

:evil:

okay, i have had several e-mails back and forth with DJi about them trying to "fix" my (our) issues with this thing...here is a copy of the latest e-mail

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)

Apr 11 13:05

Dear Jeff.

Please send in your unit to our Los Angeles Office. You do not need send battery or the propellers. We will be able to take a look at the camera and see what is going on with the unit. If you are shipping from outside the United States, please include a pre-paid return shipping label in your package.

DJI Technology, LLC
6424 Santa Monica Blvd
Hollywood CA,

RMA: bla bla bla (Please include this number on the shipping label or somewhere visible on the package)

Please Make sure to include your return address, your phone number, complete the attached form, and INCLUDE YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE. Any item that's sent without a proof of purchase can be returned or invoiced for repair.

Please keep in mind that repairs may take anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks. We Will update this ticket when your unit is being worked on.

Please note that the one year warranty only covers defects in the unit. Any damage caused during flight or misuse of the product is not covered by warranty and is subject to labor and parts cost.

Customer Service Representative

to add to my last post, i replied with this was a gift to me, so no proof of purchase, also that long before i had this issue, i had modified the antennas on the wifi repeater and the remote control.

so yeah...NOT sending them jack crap!!!

okay, after several more e-mails back and forth, they are insistning i send in my set up...so i guess off to cali it goes... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

gpauk said:

Thanks for your post. This is right on the money. I gave V1.0.39 another chance, dialed down the preview quality to 320x240 15fps and everything worked fine.

Same issue/result as others. Camera view locks up after takeoff at anything other than 320x240 15fps with V1.0.39 on my Samsung Galaxy SIII. Simply rebooting did not help.

Reduced resolution/rate is not that big a deal for smartphone viewing but I turned off auto update to avoid the hassle in the future.

Visioneer said:
Same issue/result as others. Camera view locks up after takeoff at anything other than 320x240 15fps with V1.0.39 on my Samsung Galaxy SIII. Simply rebooting did not help.

Not that big a deal but I turned off auto update to avoid the hassle in the future.

Yup mine worked once then went tits up badly to the point that no preview settings worked at all. Running android 4.3.

Downloaded app v 1.0.38 from BMEWS (thank you) and turned off auto update to get back to sanity !!

:?

Cheers m8 already have it and have stopped my,phones auto update.

;)

jadebox said:
piloto said:
I also had trouble with FPV this morning, flying with the new Android app. Same symptoms (frozen image). I was running an Andoid device (Samsung Galaxy camera). Never had this problem with the previous version of the app.

I had the "frozen image" problem this weekend, but it was different. In the past, I could exit the app and restart it. This time, the video was frozen until I completely shut down the phone and rebooted it. i could have probably cleared the app's data or whatever, but restarting the phone was easier. In the past, though, just restarting the app always worked.

-- Roger

I have same problem how can we get the old app back on iphone :?:

i tried to revert back to older versions and mine simply does not work anymore. samsung note 2 :x :x

Thanks! Just deleted new version. Downloaded old version, can't wait to try tomorrow. Flew it today and gave up on FPV. Hope this solves the problem.
Thanks again
Furb

turbo-max said:
i tried to revert back to older versions and mine simply does not work anymore. samsung note 2 :x :x

do you want to give a little more info about what you did, what you're experiencing etc. Let's see if the good folk on here can help.

Bmews

This Saturday, I had more problems with the app than I had the previous Saturday. In addition to the video freezing, the app was crashing occasionally. Sometimes, the video would freeze and I would exit the app and re-enter it and the video would be black.

I tried setting the quality to 640x480 15fps and rebooting the phone. Neither seemed to help.

One thing that did seem to help was uninstalling a few apps that I had installed recently. After doing that, I still had the app crash, but it was only when I had first started the app. And, then, it ran the next time.

I installed the firmware updates (and a Rotorpixel gimbal) on Sunday and took the 'copter out for a test. I didn't have any problems with the app (but, I only flew for about 15 minutes).

-- Roger

BMEWS said:
turbo-max said:

do you want to give a little more info about what you did, what you're experiencing etc. Let's see if the good folk on here can help.

Bmews

the app auto updated to the crap 39 and had nothing but freezing up and then would no longer even show the camera icon as enabled, even since uninstalling and installing any older versions, simply does not work...do i need to do a factory reset on my stupid smart phone? samsung note 2...thanks in advance for any help prior toactually sending my copter to dji.

You need to disable auto update, uninstall app, reboot tablet, reinstall 1.0.38, reboot tablet and go off flying and see what happens !

;)

pyrophantom said:
You need to disable auto update, uninstall app, reboot tablet, reinstall 1.0.38, reboot tablet and go off flying and see what happens !

;)
i did this...several times with no result :cry:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl