DJI Vision Android App Update

pyrophantom said:
RCRookie said:
gpauk said:
Yep -- I do. PM me with your email and I'll email it when I get home...

Thanks Gpauk, All is well in the kingdom again, back to 1.0.38 app :D

How do you get the app back to v1.0.38 ??

delete the app from your android device. Download the 1.0.38 apk file from http://sharewith.excipere.com/ unless you already have it on your android device. If you download please pm me etc as i'll only keep this share open for a limited time.

Cheers

Bmews

I have been told to try going into google play and under settings disable auto update, scroll to right to find installed apps, then select DJI app and hit uninstall updates, reboot phone and should have my 1.0.38 back ?

Samsung galaxy S3

How do you get the app back to v1.0.38 ??[/quote]

delete the app from your android device. Download the 1.0.38 apk file from http://sharewith.excipere.com/ unless you already have it on your android device. If you download please pm me etc as i'll only keep this share open for a limited time.

Cheers

Bmews[/quote]

thanks bmews..

BMEWS said:
Cheers
Bmews

Cheers Bmews, downloaded :)

RamDez said:
BMEWS said:
Cheers
Bmews

Cheers Bmews, downloaded :)
+1 :)

If you've got older files you want me to place on a public share such as older APK files etc. Let me know and i'll put a folder structure in place. Maybe then it can be a useful resource for those of us not wanting to get "upgraded" :D

cheers

Bmews

Is the new app version only going tits up for those of us who have not updated the latest firmware release yet or is it still poo for the latest version P2Vs ??

:?

pyrophantom said:
Is the new app version only going tits up for those of us who have not updated the latest firmware release yet or is it still poo for the latest version P2Vs ??

can't be sure. My P2V bought March 25. Firmware V2, Android App v1.0,38 (was 1.0.39 but had to lower the framerate for my Nexus 7 V1 to work properly). I'm not updating to V3 of P2V firmware as I don't like the restrictions enforced.

Bmews

BMEWS said:
pyrophantom said:

can't be sure. My P2V bought March 25. Firmware V2, Android App v1.0,38 (was 1.0.39 but had to lower the framerate for my Nexus 7 V1 to work properly). I'm not updating to V3 of P2V firmware as I don't like the restrictions enforced.

Bmews

Thats why I was wondering if it was clashing with the new settings in the new firmware update which my phone now has but my phantom has not ! Bloody annoying and whilst i can see the improvements in the app, it should not be done in a way that effects the video performance. I will try reducing the preview framerate and try a reboot to see if this makes a difference before I get home tonight and revert back to 1.0.38

BMEWS said:
pyrophantom said:

Bmews

Thats why I was wondering if it was clashing with the new settings in the new firmware update which my phone now has but my phantom has not ! Bloody annoying and whilst i can see the improvements in the app, it should not be done in a way that effects the video performance. I will try reducing the preview framerate and try a reboot to see if this makes a difference before I get home tonight and revert back to 1.0.38

Would you believe it - rebooted my phone, went flying today and worked perfectly with the 1.0.39 app !!!

I must start using my Rav Power supply into my range extender to keep it at 100% it obviously has a real knock on effect on signal at lower charge which it was yesterday when had all my problems.

But worked fine today (at 15fps) :D

Well thought I would take it out and try it and ITS FERKING TERRIBLE!

I have never dropped signal with the previous version. Tried rebooting, lowering the res, everything. Kept dropping out or freezing.

SO how do I revert back? I did down load the previous version software.

RamDez said:
Well thought I would take it out and try it and ITS FERKING TERRIBLE!

I have never dropped signal with the previous version. Tried rebooting, lowering the res, everything. Kept dropping out or freezing.

SO how do I revert back? I did down load the previous version software.

Delete the app from your device. Download/install the previous APK file.

Best of luck

Bmews

pyrophantom said:
Would you believe it - rebooted my phone, went flying today and worked perfectly with the 1.0.39 app !!!

I must start using my Rav Power supply into my range extender to keep it at 100% it obviously has a real knock on effect on signal at lower charge which it was yesterday when had all my problems.

But worked fine today (at 15fps) :D

The new version of the DJI app on my iPhone 5 and 2nd gen Nexus 7 work fine at 640x480 30fps even at 2,000 plus feet away on my Phantom running the V2 firmware. Rebooting definitely helps with this app when you experience problems. Especially with Android. IOS is faster and more stable.

Yes all the problems I have had with video has been resolved with a phone reboot, androids are certainly awkward little sods. Have mine running on Samsung Galaxy S3 but I have also got a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8" which I hope will work OK. having said that, I saw this today which seems to dispel the myth that androids are more stable than IOS

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android- ... .1_id54459

;)

Thanks for the replies - I'm going to try again with a fresh reboot and have the old version as a back up.

chrstnmchl said:
Thanks for the replies - I'm going to try again with a fresh reboot and have the old version as a back up.

My thinking exactly, so be interested to see how you get on, as I say mine was totally different after a phone reboot and a fully charged range extender, so fingers crossed for you m8 !

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20