DJI Video Link No Video (OSD exists)

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D, OSD, DJI Video Link and the DJI data link. After a mellow crash I no longer can get video signal but the OSD still displays on my screen. What should I check/replace? Do I just replace the transmitter? Transmitter antenna?

I've always had some flickering with the video link regardless of the distance, even if the camera is 5 feet away. Could wires be touching? Could my antenna be damaged?

I shoot video professionally but I'm new to RC filming so any help is greatly appreciated. I've got a real estate shoot on Sunday and would love to have my FPV dialed so I can get the exact shot I'm looking for.

Thank you so so much for your help!

I would start with the ribbon cable that connects to the USB port on the camera, it fractures easily, just enough to break the feed. Most DJI dealers sell replacements for $4. It's a common failure that's happened to me and many others, so you might want to grab a few.

The signal disruptions you mention might just be due to 5.8GHz's normal sensitivity to signal obstruction. Even just your fingers or the leg of the Phantom entering the direct line of sight between the transmitter and receiver can disrupt the signal for a brief second.

I did replace the ribbon with the extra one that came along with the Phantom. My GoPro charges when the heli is on so perhaps we can eliminate that?

KyleDecker said:
I did replace the ribbon with the extra one that came along with the Phantom. My GoPro charges when the heli is on so perhaps we can eliminate that?

Possibly but not necessarily, sometimes the ribbon cable will have just enough of a fracture in it to cut the video but not the power feed.

Since you're still seeing the iOSD data it means the break in the video chain is somewhere between the gopro and the iOSD mini. If you haven't already then make sure all connections are solid anywhere between the two.

I have a no video problem as well, after about 5 flights my FPV only shows a black screen and the flight stats are all scrambled like the horizontal hold and video hold are multiple times across the screen.
It was working fine up to that point. DJI recommended downloading the latest drivers 3.06, when I connected the P2 to the computer the drivers failed to install, now I don't know what to do
Help

photoman said:
I have a no video problem as well, after about 5 flights my FPV only shows a black screen and the flight stats are all scrambled like the horizontal hold and video hold are multiple times across the screen.
It was working fine up to that point. DJI recommended downloading the latest drivers 3.06, when I connected the P2 to the computer the drivers failed to install, now I don't know what to do
Help

I did reach out and call them and it sounds like my video transmitter could be defective. They recommended sending it in at my expense and they could diagnose it. They also informed me the warranty is voided if the shell or any of the heli has been disassembled which I've done. Might just be cheaper to buy a new transmitter for $99 and give it a shot.

Has anyone been able to get a video signal if the antenna isn't plugged in? I'm just trying to diagnose whether or not it could be a faulty antenna. I'll be sure to post my solution once I get the FPV back up and running.

If you are getting OSD, the TX is OK, as the OSD overlay is still video. Go with the original diagnoses and look for a break in the video signal from camera to OSD.

Photoman, it sounds like your camera is switched to NTSC and your monitor to PAL - or vice versa! Check they are both the same. This often happens when you reset the camera or monitor, or if you update the camera firmware.

To fix your driver issue, uninstall and reinstall the PC drivers, re-boot your PC and try again.

KyleDecker said:
photoman said:
Help

I did reach out and call them and it sounds like my video transmitter could be defective. They recommended sending it in at my expense and they could diagnose it. They also informed me the warranty is voided if the shell or any of the heli has been disassembled which I've done. Might just be cheaper to buy a new transmitter for $99 and give it a shot.

Has anyone been able to get a video signal if the antenna isn't plugged in? I'm just trying to diagnose whether or not it could be a faulty antenna. I'll be sure to post my solution once I get the FPV back up and running.

It's not your transmitter or antenna since you still get iOSD data on the screen.

You don't want to ever run the Tx without the antenna attached, that can burn it out in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your help on this. I'll diagnose it later today. I'll run some tests with some GoPro video out cables I have an run directly to my monitor and then just keep isolating the issue. I really appreciate it and I"ll post anything I learn that could be of help to others.

KyleDecker said:
Thanks for your help on this. I'll diagnose it later today. I'll run some tests with some GoPro video out cables I have an run directly to my monitor and then just keep isolating the issue.

Glad to help! And yes that's exactly how I would approach it from here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31