DJI Very Extreme Photo Quality Loss When Transferred To TV

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Phantom 4 Advanced. I am using a laptop to transfer files to view on my older ~52" Pioneer TV via an HDMI cord. They were downloaded from the Micro USB card at full definition, and look stunning on my laptop. The pictures & videos appear to lose an extreme amount of definition when I hook it up to my TV. I am pretty sure that the content will be downgraded to whatever the TV's resolution is (I am okay with that), but the images lose way more resolution than that. Note that my TV is old, it has no streaming capabilities, USB ports etc. Is my laptop messing everything up? Is my camera the problem? Overall, is there a cheap way to see the pictures in their highest resolution possible?

-Also, I do know the TV is capable of high quality images, I use the TV often for movies, etc.

Last edited:
It just sounds like the TV isn't capable of showing high detail. Try google to check the resolution of the TV.

I believe the TV is 1080p, and I watch things like DVDs (yes, DVDs) and Netflix on it regularly with very nice detail. I don't believe the problem is the resolution of the TV, although I may be wrong.

Assuming your source video is 4K the issue might be the TV is doing a very poor job of rescaling the image.

I would convert to 1080 and see how it looks.

Assuming your source video is 4K the issue might be the TV is doing a very poor job of rescaling the image.

I would convert to 1080 and see how it looks.

Thanks. This makes it look much better than before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart