Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI US Service turnaround - Now 7 days?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dlbyers, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dlbyers

Jbundy63 likes this.
  2. storrowdrive

3. phuocsandiego

Yeah, I can't see that happening in terms of total turn around time. Sometimes they take more 7 days just to check the unit into the repair queue! And that's not counting the actual repair time!

athill16 likes this.
  4. Chuck Young

Come on guys, DJI can't improve if we don't let them!

lol

Tashier and EsteeNJ like this.
  5. athill16

Of course he says its 7 days now (which I find very hard to believe) while I got mine back yesterday after waiting over a month just for them to process it and tell me "oh we are just gonna send you a new one."

6. Volkhard

Let's be positive!
    Perhaps they were listening to all the complains about their sluggish and slow responses. They did great in product development and manufacturing (minus the stress cracks :( )
    It is time to work on customer relations which includes repair and warranty. If that is the next step they are taking they are on the right track. Before we bash them again, let's wait and see whether it is hot air and smoke or a new direction DJI is taken. Nothing could be better!
    Let's be positive! :)

bobmyers, m_dazel and rowdyjim like this.
  7. Oso

Oso

They recently moved to a new facility and hired new help. The move caused delays while in progress. It's not too unreasonable to think (hope) that they have brought turn around times down. We'll see soon, right?

JoBe and Tashier like this.
  8. B- Scene Films

Across the board, everywhere on the net, the #1 issue people have with DJI is service. I suspect they are painfully aware of the issue. I hope they correct it.

Tashier likes this.
  9. phuocsandiego

I would love to be optimistic but everything in my experience has been negative so far so it's hard to go against that, know what I mean? Like this morning, it's barely 3 minutes after service is opened yet when I called I get a recorded message saying that they're experience high call volumes for customers with existing RMA's and then it hung up on me. That's for repairs already in the system. It's hard to reconcile that with anything else being publicized by DJI. Know what I mean?

skyhighdiver and athill16 like this.
  10. B- Scene Films

In a way they remind me of Blackmagic Design with their terrible QA and refusal to admit when an issue occurs.

11. Chuck Young

Hey I have one of those!

B- Scene Films likes this.
  12. Hunter Clark

13. phuocsandiego

So an update from my earlier messages. I called again shortly after 11:00 AM Pacific and this time I was able to speak to a live human being (Jacob). He asked me for my info and looked into my RMA. He said that as an Escalated RMA, it should have already been shipped back to me. I had sent it in on August 3rd. Jacob tells me he needs to talk to a supervisor and see what's going on. About an hour later, I get an email from DJI that they found a problem with one of my silver motor, the gimbal and the camera. All have been fixed under warranty (even though it was my error that caused the crash) and that the drone has been flight tested. I'll get it via FedEx on Friday. So overall time door-to-door as just over 6 weeks. Jacob indicated that an escalated RMA should have been quicker than that but didn't say what was expected.

In terms of what's covered under warranty, I only mentioned that it because I see folks getting charged for repairs but the two times I had it in, DJI covered everything. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I bought it directly from DJI and not from a reseller.

Still not 7 days but much better than the 8 weeks the first time.

Good luck guys!

14. Buckaye

Bold statement to make if they don't plan to back it up.... I, for one, hope they do... because it will remove about 1/2 the complaining threads on this forum ;) Can you EVEN IMAGINE a world where bi^&ing and moaning is cut in 1/2???? I am giddy just thinking about it :)

bobmyers and Ken Taylor like this.
  15. desertcat

IF this is true, I'll be sending mine in to get my cracked shell replaced. If it still takes 8 weeks, I'll be coming back to this thread to ***** for 8 friggin weeks lol.

envisionabove and skyhighdiver like this.
  16. Chris Vedeler

I was told 6 weeks when I talked to them last week.

17. Tashier

Let's look at the bright side and be optimistic. This is better news than hearing "DJI is still servicing everything in China with no plans to have a US service center". This is great news. Heck I could drive there now.

18. Tony Perry

Been 2 weeks since I submitted my support request...havent heard ****.

19. Turfman

I finally got in touch with DJI around 5:30 PM Central today after trying for several days. Interestingly enough, I also talked to Jacob. They better give that guy a raise. With this kind of productivity, some telemarketing company will swipe him away!

20. Tony Perry

My impression from viewing job postings is that they don't pay these guys very much. They are trying to cheap out...you get what you pay for,.