Dji updated my p3p???

Reaction score
so I sent my p3p back to dji for shell crack issue they had it for 20 days. I sent it in perfect other than the cracks condition spotless packed perfect with both gimbal locks in place. Also on firmware 1.19 as I've never changed it because it flew perfectly. Also the battery was at 50%.
I have got it back with new shell but the foam gimbal support not fitted the battery on critical low warning and worst of all they have updated it to firmware 1.53 is this ok or can I put it back to 1.19? Why did they do this?

You can roll it back to 1.4 , but that's as far as you can go. There might be a bin file out there that will let you go further but I am not sure.

Search this forum I remember someone posting about a bin file that you put on a SD card to go back to 1.19 but it was a couple weeks ago.

Most any company that sells a product with firmware on it will update it to the latest version if they work on it. As far as the card missing, I would have an issue with that as long as they didn't ask you to not send it in the details.

I have a copy of the DJI V1.1.9 if that helps. I mean by that, that I am not sure you can just put this file into the bird and have it load up like when we bought the phantom. Others could help there, but if you want a copy of the V1.1.9 I can provide it to you

Thanks for all the replies. Wilfos that would be great I'll send you my email address. Can anybody confirm if this is possible to go back to 1.19

Sending it back with 50% charge would be the correct way to return it. This is the charge that should be on the battery when ever it's not going to be used right away.

Reactions: SteUk
Thanks for all the replies. Wilfos that would be great I'll send you my email address. Can anybody confirm if this is possible to go back to 1.19
Takes me a while to move. So will have the file(s) on dropbox available for download later today

For you and anyone else who may want it. The folder contains all the files on my card inside the phantom. All I ask is that you let me know that you got the files and I will then take the link down.

ATTENTION: I just looked at the files and the version is actually V1.1.0009

Dropbox - DJI Firmware V1.1.9

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are they aloud to just update my phantom I did not ask them to all I wanted was the shell replacing?
I do know that they say on their repair form, "By default, we will upgrade the firmware to the latest version after repair" and they will do exactly that unless you request that they don't update.

OK thanks. Looks like I'm screwed then just hope it flys like it did on 1.19

OK thanks. Looks like I'm screwed then just hope it flys like it did on 1.19
It's going to fly even better. Now you have a lot of extra features.
It's not like no-one's been able to fly since 1.1.9 which, btw had a problem that gave you a curved horizon.
Also the return form says not to send your battery - they probably have a few lying around.
As for sending in your SD card ... why? That's just asking for it to get lost.

Reactions: kirk2579
I sent it to the shop I bought it from who told me to send everything that was in the box when I bought it. Update on the memory card my bad it was in a small bag taped to the works receipt in the side of the box I didn't see it. I hope your right about it flying better just waiting for the weather to improve. I don't no if it's me but the downlink picture quality doesn't look as sharp as it did maybe I'm wrong but it looks soft if you no what I mean?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers